Chapter Twenty Four : "Shut It!" CONTEST CLOSED!

(THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED . DO NOT ENTER)

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END . SPECIAL CONTEST FOR 20K READS . 

*Ashton's P.O.V*

"Hey dad" i blankly spoke as i pulled off my green jacket and hung it on the coat hanger beside the door.

"Kitchen , now" he demanded , i jumped back at his sudden bounce of aggressiveness . I already told him everything that happened , what more does he want to know ?  I'm tired of talking about it . It seems like a life time ago now , when i look back at it . Almost as if he doesn't exist anymore , like it was all some dream i had . I guess the only way i'll be able to see his face again is in a dream . 

As i followed him sheepishly into the kitchen , i watched him as he leaned up the counter . "Look Ash" he began "I would be a bad parent if i didn't speak to you properly on this" i looked at him with curiousness as i stood cowardly in front of him . "Above everything , i'm mostly disappointed in you . I thought we could finally trust you and know that you'd try and keep yourself safe wherever you go but ..." he gave out a heavy sigh of disappointment  . "...I just don't understand why you'd just run away with this strange boy!" he squinted in confusion at me . 

"It was my choice to have stayed dad , so you can't blame it all on him . He did everything in his power to protect me" i stumbled in my words , in the thought of how he did try to protect me from everything , at times even himself . 

"Protect you?" he laughed through a scoff in disbelief "You must be joking Ashton?!" he laughed as he leaned back on his arms further . 

"You don't know a thing about him" i muttered under my breath at him . Eagerly trying to hold back my tears . 

"I know enough to know what a psychopath he is !" he yelled in my face , slamming his broad hand on the marble counter . 

"You have no idea dad ! What it was actual like for me ! You have no clue as to how hard it was ! But i didn't want to come home . I'm sick of this stupid boring life i live and for one moment , just that one moment i felt like i was actually alive and it was because of him dad ! He brought out the hidden life inside of me !" i cried , tears beginning to slowly roll down my cheeks . 

"What would you know ! Your life here with us is sensible and safe ! You live a life of what every teenager should ! I can't believe how ungrateful you are !" he smirked in disbelief as he folded his arms across his chest . 

As my breath started to catch in anger , my chest beating in and out . "I loved him dad ! I fucking loved him ! And how can i be ungrateful for a life i never wanted to live in the first place!" i screamed "He kept me safe , yes , at times he failed but he would always make things right afterwards and i know he loved me because he never stopped trying ! I may be a teenager but i know what love is dad ! I know that when i looked in his eyes and saw someone that everyone else didn't i knew then that i had found someone so misunderstood ! And somehow i just knew how to fix him ! We shared something that i have never felt with anyone before , because whenever i fell or messed up or said something i shouldn't have to him ! Despite his anger issues or his stupid bipolar disorder , he forgave me ! And no matter how loud he shouted at me , no matter how long we argued for , he could always see over it . I know what love is dad , love is where you just try and do anything to make that other person laugh or be there to catch them when they fall . Because believe me , we fell so many times that we might as well have fell through the sky but we were always there to just take care of each other and make the other smile . That's what love is dad" i sobbed as tears flooded down my cheeks . I let out a long sigh of relief that i had been holding in .