Silence

                "Please leave me alone!"

                Suddenly a small cough came from behind me. "You know you have to insert coins to talk to someone right?"

                Quickly I turned around to find Jesse smiling as he tried to contain a laugh. 

                "What?" I scuffed.

                Pointing to the screen of the pay phone he said. "You need coins."

                "I-I uh..." Stammering I gazed at the words Please insert coins as I returned the receiver.

                "So uh you have quiet the arm." He laughed. I stared at him as he raised his shirt exposing his abdomen covered in gauze.

                "Oh..."

                "That's okay, it didn't hurt, that bad. Plus I know it was my fault, being in your business like that. "

                "Well you didn't have a right, you know?"

                He nodded. "I know...I'm sorry."

                "What do you want?"

                "Nothing," He shrugged. "I was just heading home and I saw you're little mishap with the phone."

                I stared in silence.

                "Well hey, I bought coffee, and you slammed me against concrete stairs. So let's just say you owe me big time. "

                My eyes turned to a glare as he placed his hands up.

                "No harm intended." He said.

~*~

                I sat closest to the window across from Jesse.

                "So, that book..." He said.

                "What about it?" I grumbled.

                "Nothing..."

                I cupped my hands around the mug as he stared at the window behind me. No he wanted to know why I was reading it. Of course he did. But could I tell him? Would he believe me?

                "What school do you go to?" He asked after taking a sip from his mug.

                I shrugged. "I'm homeschooled."

                As he nodded I leaned over the table.

                "Do you think I'm crazy?" I whispered.

                He laughed.

                "Well...?"

                "No, I think you're just a little, um, different."

                I shook my head. "Okay look, there's this...person."

                His eyebrow arched.

                "And he uh-"

                "What are you doing?!!" Lucifer's voice shot through my ears.

                I pressed my lips together.

                "Lucia?" Jesse questioned.

                I shook my head. "Sorry I have to go..." I mumbled to Jesse.

                Quickly I placed the mug on the middle of the table and took ten dollars out from my bag.

                "Wait..." Jesse called after me as he took the bill and handed it to the cashier. "...Lucia!"

                But as always I was already gone. Every time, I always found myself running from him. I didn't want anyone to know. No that was a lie. I wanted someone to know. But who would I tell? Obviously my mother didn't get it. And apparently Jesse wasn't allowed to know.

                "Mom!" I called out as I entered the house.

                Nothing

                "Mom..."

                Silence

                "MOM!"

                "You're mother isn't here..." A voice called from beside me.

                I knew there wasn't anyone there. I knew it was Lucifer speaking.

                "Where is she?" I quivered "Where is she?! Where's is my mom! I want her back!"

                A crowd laughed simultaneously in an eerie way. "Well then you'll have to come get her."