Chapter 28: Leo's POV

We land in the middle of a city that I don't recognize to be London.

"Scarlett? Where are we?" I ask.

"Os, Norway," Scarlett says.

"You were supposed to take us to the United Kingdom!" I exclaim.

"Why would she keep the Novuses in the capital of Crystalite nation?" Scarlett asks rhetorically. "Just trust me here."

"Fine," I say. I look at Xander. "You know what to do?"

Xander nods. Scarlett, Jack, McKenna, and myself all go and hide behind some trees. Xander creates metal cuffs and puts them on Patricia's wrists. Xander creates a cloud of something and sends it in the air. Immediately after Sofia and Ember appear.

"What did he do?" McKenna asks.

"It's a signal," Scarlett says. "She uses it to communicate with the Pocionizers. Should I start making the dome?"

I nod. "First take McKenna to the other side of the area. Jack and I will stay over here."

Scarlett nods and takes McKenna's arm and they teleport to the other side. The ice wall begins to rise and Jack and I step inside of it.

"Ready bro?" I ask Jack.

"I'm always ready," Jack says.

The dome completely covers the area. Sofia notices and tells Ember something. Before Ember can react, the green mist surrounds her, trapping her. I step out and McKenna does to. She points her wand and I make my sword in my hand.

"Give us the necklace Sofia!" I yell. "You're outnumbered!"

She sends ice at McKenna and I, but we both deflect it. Ember tries to get out of the mist, but Jack has her trapped. Sofia spots Jack and she sends ice at him. I send blue fire at it, but I miss. I watch in horror as it goes straight for Jack. Jack releases the mist and uses it to absorb the ice. I turn my head and see Ember surrounding Patricia with water. She creates a bolt in her hand. Xander is about to jump in front of Patricia to take the bolt for her, but Sofia grabs him and sends ice into his blood. He yells in pain. I try to create fire in my hands, but my powers are weakened. The ice dome collapses and I immediately know Ember is draining our powers. She sends the bolt at Patricia and she is electrocuted. She screams in pain and Ember drops her. Light magic surrounds Ember and Ember turns to Sofia.

"Stop making me do this!" Ember yells.

Sofia grabs Ember's neck and I see ice form.

"You do what I say," Sofia says. "Then I'll kill you."

She shoves her to the ground. Red marks are left where Sofia grabbed her. The light magic disappears and darkness surrounds Patricia. Ember looks away and the darkness begins to crush Patricia.

"EMBER STOP!" I yell at my sister. "THAT IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!"

Darkness surrounds me and I feel the good inside of me diminish. Jack puts a hand on my shoulder and he absorbs the darkness. Darkness consumes Patricia and the only think left of her is her wand.