Chapter 25: McKenna's POV

Sofia grabs Ember's arm and they teleport away. I turn to see how Leo reacted to that, but he, Jack, and Scarlett are talking. Patricia walks up to me. "Since when are Scarlett and Leo a thing?" I ask her.

"They never were," Patricia says.

"They just kissed. How is that not proof?" I ask her.

"Leo loves Phoebe. He always will," Patricia says. "It's amazing."

"She's dead. Why doesn't he just move on?" I ask. She gives me a look. "Right. Leo doesn't give up on people."

"Those two were too busy kissing, they let Sofia and Ember get away!" Xander exclaims. I cross my arms and give him a look. "What?"

"You don't get an opinion," I say. "You're lucky to still be alive."

"I told you guys you could kill me. It'd just mean I get to see Abigail again and apologize," Xander says.

"Technically it wasn't your fault," Patricia says.

I look at her. "What are you doing!?"

"He's hurting! No one else is here for him," Patricia says. "And it's in my nature to show kindness." She looks back at Xander. "It wasn't your intention to kill her. She made her choice to sacrifice herself for Aaron. You were going to save her, but Sofia put that ice wall around you. You were unable to save her. You could only watch her die from the poison."

Xander looks at the ground. "I don't see how this is making me feel better."

"You have a purpose to fight now," Patricia says. "You now have a reason to want Sofia dead. Leo wants her dead because she murdered four people he loved dearly and then turned one of them into a killing machine. Jack wants her dead because she killed his love, Cassie. I want her dead because she took my best friend away. Scarlett wants her dead because she lost her sister and two close friends of hers. McKenna, I assume the same reason I'm fighting." I nod.

Jack, Leo, and Scarlett walks over to us. "We need to formulate a real plan," Jack says.

Patricia nods. "Good idea. She catches Jack looking at her. "Something wrong Jack?"

He looks away. "Nothing," he says. I grab my brother's arm and pull him away from Patricia and Xander.

I look at him. "What's with you? You're always looking at Patricia like that. Do you like her?!"

"Keep your voice down!" Jack scolds me. "Don't tell her."

"Why not?" I ask. "She'll figure it out anyway."

"Let her figure it out then," Jack says. "Come on. Let's hear the plan."

I follow Jack over to the group.