Chapter 8: Xander's POV

"Alright I figured out how to get us to Los Angeles," Sofia says. "Ember I need you to make a portal."

"I need someone on the other side," Ember says. "No one is going to agree to your stupid plan."

"You don't need someone on the other side," Sofia says. "Just make the portal."

Ember's arms seem to move without her permission. Dark magic comes out of her hands and begins swirling in a circle.

"That doesn't look safe," I say. Sofia gives me a look. "Alright!" I put my hands up in surrender and walk through. I end up on a beach somewhere. I turn and see Sofia walk through then Ember does. "Where are we?"

"Coastline of Los Angeles," Sofia says. "This place always seemed too nice. Ember are you ready to wipe out your first kind?"

"Do I have a choice?" Ember asks.

"That's the spirit," Sofia says. "Ember, do me a favor and create a dome around the entire Purificator country please."

Ember faces her palms to the ground then raises her hands slowly. I step back as a wall made of dia-mond starts to rise. It goes up and up then eventually covers the entire city.

"Brilliant. Now we go to the center of the city," Sofia says.

"Just like that!?" I ask.

"We need to get there quickly," Sofia says. "Ember will be able to use the purple bolt then. Ember make that portal again."

Ember creates the portal. I step through and see Leo and the others standing together. Leo sees me and launches a fireball at me. I put up my hand and the hydrogen in the air makes it dissolve. I notice green mist start to surround me, but I wave my hand and Jack is trapped in a bubble of nitrous oxide. He collapses out of the corner of my eye I see Sofia and Ember step through.

"HOW DID YOU ESCAPE DEATH!?" Sofia yells.

"Looks like Crystalites can stop death," Leo says. He launches fire at Sofia, but Ember blocks it with a water wall. "Ember?"

She launches ice at him, but Scarlett steps forward and guides it away.

"Scarlett! Why did you do that!?" Sofia yells.

"You left me to die," Scarlett says. "You don't care about me. Xander are you listening to this?"

"I'm of more you use than you ever were," I say.

Abigail steps forward and sends a gust of snow at me, knocking me down. She towers over me.

"How could you do this!?" Abigail yells, tears forming in her eyes. "This isn't the guy fell in love with."

"It is," I say. "I haven't changed a bit. I'm doing this for you."

I see Ember about to launch a fireball at Abigail, but some other girl launches light magic at it and it directs itself at me. I make a shield out of gold and it barely singes me.

"Patricia! Get back! She's here to kill your entire kind!" Leo shouts. He makes a blue sword appear in his hand. Ember steps forward. "Sis, I don't want to fight you."

"Well a fight is what you're going to get," Ember says.