Chapter 24; Future Endeavored?

THREE WEEKS TIL WRESTLEMANIA...

Chapter 24

~~~Kaitlyn Point of View~~~

I take my bag out of my car and begin to walk my way over to the arena. In two hours, the show will start and i was told by AJ that a divas match would be opening the show. I want to feel proud but i can't manage. At this point, i'm not even sure i'll have a job by the end of the night.

"Kaitlyn!" I hear someone yell behind me. I turn around to see AJ and Mike waving at me to come over.

"Hi," I say.

"Did you hear?" AJ asks me.

"Hear about what?"

"The funeral!"

"What funeral?"

"Blake and Marissas!" AJ says. "Their funeral is this Friday."

I hold back my tears and nod solemnly. "I'll be there, thanks."

I turn to continue walking towards the arena but AJ grabs my arm.

"Listen," she says. "I understand you are still pretty shaken up about their deaths. I am too. But Kaitlyn, it was what was meant to be. They're in a better place now."

I know she meant to be cheesy when she said that Marissa and Blake are in a better place now but i can't help but agree. Their aunt abused them, they were orphans, neither were going to live a normal life.

"Yeah," I say with a deadpan expession. "Maybe they are in a better place now."

"No," AJ says, once again stopping me from walking away. "They're not in a better place."

I think of the teenage duo and can't help but agree with AJ. Blake was learning jiu jitsu and probably was going to grow up as a MMA fighter. His goal was to be in the UFC. He might've even gone on to WWE at one point! And then Marissa, well she was just too positive of a girl. She had so much heart and so much spirit. I thought that there would be no way to hold her down... but apparantly there was a way.

"Let's just go inside Kaitlyn," AJ says to me. "You're thinking too much about this. And plus, i have to get ready for my match with Alicia."

"Okay," I say and follow her into the building and over to the dressing room.

"Good luck," I say.

"Wait," AJ says. "Before i forget. Eve and Rener asked that we both talk at the funeral."

"Alright," I say and walk away from the dressing room, leaving Mike and AJ alone.

"Stop there Kaitlyn!" I hear Vince yell from behind me. I stop in my tracks, not daring to turn to face him. "Last week, you said some very rude words to me and i have decided to FIRE YOU. I wish you the best in your future endeavors, now get out of my building!"

Vince stops yelling so i take the time to turn around. I cringe slightly, scared of what i might see.

I see the back of Vince's head as he scowls at one of the camerawomen: Caitlin. Or should i say, former camerawoman Caitlin.

"Phew," I say loudly and feel the butterflies in my stomach vanish.

"Kaitlyn," Vince says again.

I look over to see he is now facing me.

"There you are, Kaitlyn!" He says. I study his face carefully to see no signs of anger on his face. In fact, he smiles warmly at me as if the last time we had spoekn i hadn't yelled at him.