Chapter 12; Fallout from the Bad News

Chapter 12 

~~~AJ Point of View~~~ 

This sucks. This really really sucks.

And it's all my fault too.

It was me that had hit her with that chair. If I had hit her in the chest area she wouldn't have had to go face first into the ground. If I had hit her in the face instead of the back of the head, she would've fell back and landed backfirst instead of face first

If, if, if.

Kaitlyn tells me it's not my fault and that I shouldn't be so hard on myself. But I can't help but be hard on myself.

Growing up, me and Kaitlyn had the dream of being WWE wrestlers. We wanted to be like Miss Elizabeth or Sunny. We wanted to walk backstage alongside the next generation of Hulk Hogans and Randy Savages. We wanted to meet Vince McMahon and work for him. Most of all we wanted to be champions. Women's champions. Of course, that title has been defunct for a while now but there is still the Divas champion. Our dream came true. We joined WWE. Kaitlyns dream went far beyond though... She won the Divas championship.

And I basically stripped her of it by breaking that nose.

"AJ," Kaitlyn sighs as I drive rather erratically towards the local gym. "I told you again and again. This is completely bad luck, I don't blame you at all for what happened."

"That doesn't make it not my fault!"

I swerve angrily just narrowly avoiding hitting a couple of pedestrians.

"It's not your fault!" Kaitlyn says calmly. "You couldn't have known!"

"But this all happened because I hit you with that chair!" I cry. I let the tears stroll down my face as I struggle to gain control of the car.

Kaitlyn gasps and instantly puts the car in park.

"We'll walk from here," Kaitlyn says. "It's not far."

"Okay," I whimper and get out of the car. I begin to walk across the street when Kaitlyn pulls me back and stops me from getting hit by a passing bus.

"You have to be careful!" She scolds.

"Whatever"

"AJ seriously," Kaitlyn says firmly. "It is absolutely not your fault. And what did you mean when you said 'this all happened'? What all happened?"

"Kaitlyn your wrestling career is over!" I scream into her face. "We won't ever have our match at Wrestlemania. You'll have to be released from your contract!"

"AJ," Kaitlyn says surprisedly calm for a girl whose best friend ruined her dream. "My wrestling career isn't over. You told me the doctor said it'll go away."

"The doctor said it'd go away in an indefinite time," I say. "You don't have an indefinite time. Wrestlemania is in April and Elimination Chamber is tomorrow night!"

"Indefinite could mean in two minutes!" Kaitlyn says giving a small smile.

"Or two decades!" I say. "Kaitlyn I just can't bear that I did this to you."

"Well I can," Kaitlyn whispers. "And I know you can too."

I shrug nervously and follow her into the gym.

Rener and Eve sit at a table eating sandwiches. They notice us and gesture for us to come over. Marissa and her older brother (a hot older brother I might add) pause their conversation to look over at us. Both give a sad smile our way.

"I'm so sorry Kaitlyn," Eve says getting up to give her a hug. "I can't believe this"

"It's okay," Kaitlyn says.