Chapter 16; Two More Days...

A/N: This chapter has a certain part that is suggestive and quite mature for a PG story. Just be warned.

Chapter 16

~~~Kaitlyn Point of View~~~

"Two days..." I say as AJ gets up off the floor. Our hotel room had only had one bed so I convinced her to sleep on the floor because I couldn't risk hurting my nose. Reluctantly, she agreed to take the floor.

"Two days," she agrees. "Two days."

"Two hours," I say, teasing AJ.

"I'm not aware of what you are talking about," she says biting her lip.

"Two hours until your date," I tease. "I know you remembered that AJ"

"I am not so sure that this is a date you know," AJ says frowning.

"And why is that?"

"Because you'll be there too..." AJ points out. True, true.

"Im only coming to make sure you don't do anything naughty AJ," I counter. She doesn't respond which means I win.

"Just because I'm not responding, it doesn't mean you win," AJ says.

"Yeah it does," I say.

"Maybe I just don't want to respond," AJ says raising an eyebrow. "Has that thought crossed your pretty little head yet?"

"I'd say your head is pretty too," I say shrugging. "But I don't lie."

"Oh you're playing that card now," AJ says. "Well then it's on."

AJ begins walking towards me ready to tackle when I suddenly stop her frantically.

"AJ, my nose."

"Oh..." AJ says biting her lip. "Right."

And with that, our conversation stopped.

Is this what'll happen if my nose never heals? Because if it is then it'll really suck. Not only am I going to have my dreams sucked out of me and be forced to retire wrestling, but will this stupid little unsealed vein cause problems outside of physical activities?

AJ means the world to me. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember. In two days, if the tests prove my nose will not heal, will my relationship with AJ be hindered? Will I lose her as a best friend?

"You don't answer yourself, do you?" AJ asks. I snap out of my bubble to see she is staring at me like I'd grown a third eye.

And then it hits me. My thinking out loud problem.

"And by the way the answers are no," AJ says sighing. "To all three."

Something suddenly pops into my head. "Hey AJ, why has it seemed I've only thought out loud or whatever you wish to call it over the past few months?"

"Well that's not true..." AJ says. "You've done it all the time. My favourite was back a couple of years ago when you threw a surprise party for me! It was pleasant to find out about it a couple of days earlier while we were chilling on the beach"

I facepalm. I remember that day. Me and AJ were lying on the beach soaking in the sun. It was three days away from AJ's birthday surprise party, and i spent maybe an hour just thinking about it. So... I'd spent an hour basically announcing every detail of AJ's surprise party to her.

Wow, just wow.

--

"Hey," Mike says as we catch up to him. "What's up?"