Chapter 19; My Best Friend's Doing

FIVE WEEKS TO WRESTLEMANIA...

Chapter 19

~~~Kaitlyn Point of View~~~

"Why won't you tell me, AJ?" I continuously ask my best friend.

"Because you're going to find out now anyways!" AJ says annoyed by my constant questioning. "Now shut up."

"Don't tell me to shut up!"

"I just did!"

I scowl without saying another word as AJ looks over the board.

"So I'm winning tonight," AJ says with no emotion.

"You don't sound as excited as I would expect you to be," I point out.

"Its just so overwhelming," AJ admits with a shrug. She is right. It is very overwhelming, but i guess after a week of going absolutely crazy over it must've started to seem normal to me.

"And I'll be out there on commentary," I add pointlessly.

"You will be," AJ says frowning.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask.

"What?"

"Why'd you frown?"

AJ shrugs but I see the smirk form on her face.

"What is it?" I demand.

"It just... sucks that you'll be on commentary."

I gasp. "EXCUSE ME?"

"You're kinda... bad... on commentary," AJ says. "No offence."

"That was pretty offensive," I say sarcastically.

"Well then feel free to take all offence from it."

I search the area for someone to call over but shockingly no one is in sight.

"I'm NOT bad on commentary," I say. "You're bad on commentary."

"Actually..." AJ says holding a hand in my face to pause me. "I'm AWESOME at commentary."

"Then why am I the one that on commentary tonight and not you?" I ask sassily.

"Because I'm in the match silly," AJ says giving me a friendly tap on the back.

"Still," I say, "Why am i on commentary and not just going to attack or something."

"They feel bad for you because they know after I beat you at Wrestlemania, you'll probably get released or something," AJ says. I stare at her in shock.

"That was too far," I say. "But I’m impressed."

AJ shrugs for the third or fourth time in the last half hour.

People flood into the area and prepare themselves for the show. Mike walks up to us and wraps his arm around AJ.

"Hey," he says as he gives a kiss to AJ.

"Where was everyone?" I ask.

"Learning their storylines," Mike says. "Vince was back there talking about after Wrestlemania storylines."

"Oh I should've gone there!" I say. Mike's eyes go wide but then his whole face changes into a deep smirk. AJ's rubbing off on him :(

“She doesn’t know yet,” Mike notes. AJ looks up to him and smirks back. “Nope.”

“When you going to tell her?” Mike asks.

“I’m not,” AJ says. “Someone else will.”

“Oh,” Mike says. “And by someone else, you mean…”

Someone else,” AJ answers. Mike nods, obviously satisfied with his girlfriend’s answer.

“Well played babe, well played,” Mike says. His smirk resembling AJ’s returns and they walk off together hand-in-hand smirking.

“See you out there!” I call out to AJ.

“Yep,” AJ says.

I get ready to go out for the no. 1 contender’s match and I hope AJ does too. She’s going to want to look pretty for this.

As soon as I exit the dressing room, I bump into a certain British champion.

“Hey Kaitlyn,” he greets me nervously.

“Hey,” I say.

“Can I talk to you?” Wade asks me.

“Can you wait until after the match?” I ask.

“Yeah,” Wade says. “Have you heard yet?”

“About what?” I ask.

“After Wrestlemania?” Wade asks, dumbfounded that I am unaware of what he is talking about.

“No I haven’t heard,” I say. A backstage producer begins waving me over. “I’ve got to go Wade, see you in like three minutes.”

Wade smiles. “Har har. Are they really that short?”

“Yep,” I say. “It’s not even a match in my opinion…”

My music hits and the frown on my face instantly turn into a smile.

--

AJ lifts up Alicia Fox and hits a perfect Shining Wizard. AJ pounces on top of Alicia and gets the pin fall.

“Well looks like I’ve got a challenger,” I say on commentary.

In the ring, AJ skips around and lands in the middle of the ring. She falls and crosses her legs, giving me a perky smile.

“And a crazy one at that,” Jerry Lawler says.

“Don’t call her crazy,” I say. “She hates the word crazy, so much she hates the word crazy. When I call her crazy, she finds it crazy; because I know she hates the word ‘crazy’ but I call her crazy anyways.”

I purposely repeat the word ‘crazy’ while I talk, causing AJ in the ring to glare at me and start screaming for me to stop. I drop the headset and go over to get a microphone.

“Crazy,” I chant. “Crazy”

AJ screams, “NO!”

“Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy!”

AJ begins to shake her head in disbelief and runs backstage.

--

I walk backstage and mentally pat myself on the back for what I believe is a great performance.

“Hey Kaitlyn!” Wade calls out. I remember he’d wanted to talk to me. I jog over to him, “Yeah?”

“So anyways,” Wade starts. “After Wrestlemania, your current storyline is stopping and mine is too so we’ll be uh…. In a storyline together.”

“Oh cool,” I say smiling. “That’ll be nice.”

“Yeah…” Wade says, shifting his glance so he is no longer looking me straight in the eyes. “Except…”

“Except?” I ask.

“It’s a romantic storyline,” Wade says.

“Oh,” I say. I hear footsteps from behind me.

“Oh am I cutting in the middle of something?”

YOU!” I think as I turn around to see my best friend, you guessed it, smirking.

A/N: Good news... I'm working on a collab story with my friend Maddman16 (hes not the best writer so i'm going to be helping him out with writing his parts) It's about PJO so yeah when that comes out I'll put it in an authors note.

In terms of this story, isn't AJ and Mike so evil? Not telling Kaitlyn about her storyline is just so rude lol.

Next chapter is the next Raw, which'll make sense when you read the beginning of the chapter. The one fater that will be sometime else during the week, I promise!

THANKS FOR READING