8

8

"Seokjin?" My lips trembled as I recalled the night fivea years ago.

Five Years Ago

"You worthless shit!" She screamed. She was drunk - again. I was only thirteen years old, but she'd still shout curses at me.

"Don't call her that, mom. She's just a kid." Jin courageously stepped in front of me in defense. He was only fifteen yet he acted like a fully grown adult.

"And are you challenging me?!" My step-mother screeched at Seokjin.

"So what if I am? I'm sick and tired-- we're both, all even, are sick and tired of you controlling us! Every single day, you yell at us and hurt us! You only keep drinking the same bottle of alcohol every single day and smoke cigarettes inside the house! You tell us what to do when it's the wrong thing and you think you own us - but guess what? You don't. We own ourselves. We aren't like you. We are terrible excused of human beings. We're done!" Seokjin grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the door.

"But, Jin - who's going to take care of us?" I asked him before we got out of the door.

"I don't know--" I was pulled back along with Jin. My step-mother threw is both to the ground and smashed a glass bottle in her hands, dismissing the blood running down her injuries.

"Who first?" She grinned maliciously, throwing parts of the glass at either of us at the same time. I ran away and dodged the shot because I was small, but Seokjin lay on the floor in pain. His shoulders had been injured with the contact from the ground. The bottle smacked against his back and he cried out in pain, blood trickled along his back and soaked his shirt, yet he stood up.

"I will not let you treat us like this." He growled.

"But I will anyway... since the bottle picked you, you get to leave this house! But come here first." He walked towards her and extended his hand, prepared for the punishment he always had to suffer.

She pressed a burning cigarette into his wrist for twenty seconds as Jin squirmed and tried not to pull away.

"You should've known, Jin. Now leave. Don't come back. Your father will think you ran away and I'll tell him I couldn't stop you. You don't belong here." She shoved him out of the door. I ran as fast as I could towards the door before the witch closed it, but I slipped on the glass shards, resulting in fresh cuts to litter my body.

The door shut and I knew. I knew that I wasn't going to see him for a long time, if not forever.

Present Time

"Jiyeon..." He asked, his jaw almost on the floor. Tears brimmed at my eyes and I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

I ran down the rest of the steps and hugged him as tight as I could, sobbing hard - too hard. I ignored the other shocked faces surrounding us - except Yoongi's. I saw a flood of realisation fill his facial features.

But then all I could see was black, and a mop of mint rushing to catch me.