5

5
MIN YOONGI

The streets are unusually empty today, but I brush it off like I do with everything else.

I had a busy day today at the studio - I had been trying to make a new song to rap at the championships, except nothing was working out. To change tone, or not to change tone? To curse, or not to curse? So many new ideas kept appearing in my mind and I couldn't keep track of everything.

As I'm wondering about how to end my latest track, a small puppy runs up to me. Personally, I hate all animals - but this husky with the striking blue eyes looked as if it was almost pleading me to follow him as it took off around the corner without me even checking it's collar. I comply and leisurely walked after it because, well, you know - I don't run.

When I finally got to the puppy, I was out of breath, but I didn't fail to notice a small figure lying face first on the ground. They were only a metre in front of an apartment complex that seemed like it had just been on fire a few hours or so ago.

"Hey, person," I nudged them a little. When they weren't moving, I turned them so they were lying on their back. And for the first time, I noticed that it was a girl and not a guy with really good smelling hair-- I mean, uh, yeah. But not only that - it was the Christmas decorations girl. Soneone please explain how I managed to see her again. "Um, are you okay?"

She mumbled something in her sleep, "Apartment fire, not fair dad! Mario Kart wanted water. Hmph!"

I'm pretty sure she's crazy because if it wasn't weird a few minutes ago, it definitely was now.

"Um..." I awkwardly squatted down, not knowing what to do in a situation like this.

Just when I decide to leave her there, I feel a small pang in my upper left chest, and the guilt is devouring me. I'm not that heartless... right? She'll only leave me in the end if I try to make friends with her. Fine, once more I'll help her. But then, that's it.

I pick her up and walk back home slowly with the husky following quietly. When I get home, I lay her down on my couch once again, and sigh as I pull her shoes off. She still has those black Converse.

"Whoever you are, you need to leave me alone," I muttered under my breath.

I walk out of the room and sit down on the couch in the living room. I switch on the TV, and the first thing I see is the replay of the news from two hours ago.

"...The apartment was owned by a young lady called Kim Jiyeon, and the firefighters explained that the flames sparked from the over-decorating of the house. Furthermore, many more of her flatmates homes were damaged by the fire but have decided not to press charges as Miss Kim was out and it was unintentional. Miss Kim owned a husky puppy, and he is luckily safe, but most of her belongings, and her home has been destroyed by the fire."

My eyes widened, when a picture of the same husky that came running to me was displayed on the screen, and a video of the reporter standing behind a fire in the same apartment complex that I had found Christmas decorations girl in front of a while ago.

Oh. Well, that made a lot more sense.

THIRD PERSON

Jiyeon snapped her eyes open, and took in her familiar surroundings. A black and white room, a comfy couch...

She stood up and made the room since the bed was extremely messy and she couldn't handle mess. But before she could take a step out of the room, she realised something. Where was Grey?

"Grey! Grey? Oh my God, my small baby!" She ran around frantically, looking for her puppy.

In every corner she searched, there was nothing. She still felt rude going through the strangers things.

Suddenly, she bumped into a wall. She looked up and to her surprise, it wasn't a wall - it was the mint-haired guy holding Grey.

"Grey!" She almost squealed (she basically did) and suddenly held the puppy close to her chest, snuggling him.

"You're lucky he came running to me." Yoongi muttered.

"Thank you so much!" Jiyeon almost cried.

"Um, no problem." Yoongi shuffled. "Um, I saw what happened to your apartment last night and I was just thinking if you didn't have anywhere to go, you could always stay here for a while."

Stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Yoongi smacked himself internally. Why was he being so nice to her after he even told himself that this morning would be the last time they spoke? He couldn't stop this mess and it was only bringing in more hassle for him and not only work-wise. She was soon going to leave, anyway and again he'd only have his trustworthy friends, but no one who could understand him. He was going to be alone in the end.

"Seriously?"

He nodded.

"I'd feel really rude. I don't even know you and I've caused you enough trouble. Thank you for the offer but I couldn't."

"You can. I don't mind." But he did.

"Look, I understand where you're coming from but I feel like I'm constantly annoying you, so I couldn't." She gave him a small smile and turned around to take her leave, but she was surprised when Yoongi grabbed her wrist.

"Stay, please." It was like his voice was going to crack and he could burst out with tears any moment. But when she turned around, all features of sadness had vanished and he was neutral.

"I..."

"Please, I feel bad." He added.

And finally, after the constant back and forth, Yoongi managed to get the girl to agree.

"I'm Min Yoongi."

"Kim Jiyeon," She smiled.

Things only went up from here.