Part XXVII: The Plunge.

Time marched on.

Their wounds healed.

Their love grew stronger.

Sanctus signed a multi-million dollar contract, and had just released their debut album, which featured their successful single, Weeping Angels.

It went platinum in a month.

And yet, something was missing from Kettu Kinson's life.

So here he was again, his hands gripping the railing of the city centre bridge, staring down at the water below.

"I can't talk you out of it this time, can I?" Nina asked from behind him.

"Not this time." Kettu replied bluntly.

"Fine." She said as she climbed over the railing, "if I can't atop you, then I'm going with you."

"You don't have to." Kettu said quietly.

"I want to." She replied, swinging her body in front of his, wrapping her arms around his neck, she kissed him deeply.

And Kettu let go of the rail.

They plunged downward, the wind rushing past their ears as they approached the water. Kettu wrapped his arms around Nina tightly and braced for it.

Their bungee chords pulled taut, springing them up into the midsummer air, Nina let out a shriek of joy, echoed by Kettu's raucous laughter.

"Oh my god!" Nina giggled as gravity sent them hurtling toward the earth once again.

"Hold on!" Kettu laughed as the wind deafeningly roared in their ears again and cheers of joy erupted from the two.

Kettu smiled and kissed her again.

"You're crazy!" Nina laughed, "what on earth possessed you to go out and book a bungee jump?"

He smiled wordlessly, releasing his grip on her waist, and taking her by the hand.

And slipped a diamond ring on her finger.

"Nina Andrews," Kettu asked as they Hung upside down over the water,

"You gave me the gift of the rest of my life, and I want to spend the rest of it with you." He smiled as her eyes sparkled, a smile creeping across her face.

"Will you marry me?"

Tears began to fall from Nina's eyes down to the water below, her eyes drawn to the ring in her finger, then back to Kettu.

"Of course!" She cried, wrapping him in a tight embrace.

The search for meaning in his life, and all that was missing from it had finally been found, and now,

Kettu Kinson was the happiest man in the world.

THE END.