It's Damned Good To Have Such Great Friends.

Red and blue lights reflected off the freshly fallen snow, and a cold wind blew through the city streets. Kettu sat, wrapped in a blanket, cuddling close to Nina.

They had been questioned over and over by investigators, and soon, they would be going home.

"It's alright, love," Kettu said softly to her, "everything is going to be alright from here on out."

She offered up a weak smile to him,

"You came." She managed, her words slurred by her swollen bottom lip.

"Of course I did." Kettu said, holding her close, "nothing could have kept me from you."

Nina sighed happily, and a familiar face appeared in the crowd of officers and falling snow.

"Ben?" Kettu lifted his head.

"Hey Big K." Ben said, stopping short of the two, "oh, god, man. What did he do to you two?"

"Nothing that time won't heal." Kettu said, not quite certain of his own words."What are you doing here?"

"Well, man," Ben said, sitting down next to him, "When I left Nina's apartment, I knew I couldn't let you go down for murder, or wind up getting both you and Nina killed, so I called the cops once you left." Ben sighed, sitting back, "I know I put you two in danger, and for that, I'm sorry, but Kettu, man, you're like a brother to me, I just couldn't live with myself if I let anything happen to you." He lowered his head.

Kettu put a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"I'm not mad, Ben." Kettu said, forcing a smile, "you saved Nina's life, and mine, again."

"Thank you Ben." Nina managed through her swollen lip.

Ben looked up at the two, a weak smile of relief on his face.

"You gotta promise you aren't planning on facing down anymore gun toting psychopaths, okay guys? It wrecks my nerves!"

The trio laughed into the night.

"We don't really plan on it." Kettu said, pulling Nina close to him.

"Good," Ben said, standing up, "because from the looks of it, he kicked your asses." A grin crossing his face. Typical Ben, Kettu smiled.

"You guys need a ride home?" He asked.

"It'd be better than walking in the snow." Nina piped up quietly.

"Then hop in, you two." Ben motioned over to the van.

Kettu smiled to himself, and realized,

It was damned good to have such a good friend.