The Avenger's Show

Start from the beginning

Ohh boy... I wasn't excited to see Thor, I love him and everything, but after Asgard I really didn't know how I'd act around him. Still I smiled at the large man in front of me. "Hey, Thor, how's everything?"

"Quite well. How are you, Toni?"

"Moms out of the hospital so nothing else matters, but if it did life would still be pretty great right now." I laughed.

After a few minutes of the most awkward conversation I've had with Thor, I sighed in relief when he left.

"Why so nervous?" A very knowing voice asked.

I looked up. "Hey, May! What are you doing here...?"

"Oh the usual, enjoying the company," She said leaning on the arm of my chair.

I nodded.

"Back to you being nervous." She raised an eyebrow.

"Nah."

"Only around Thor."

"Nope."

She shook her head. "You shouldn't have done it. But, I get it."

Stupid spies. "I don't know what you're talking about , Melinda... But..if I did it wouldn't have been that brother. And I'd feel very conflicted about the whole thing."

"Oh! Well, that is unexpected.. But it happenst. If you need to talk, you know where to find me."

"It's actually the other way around as you are always missing on some super secret spy shit...but I know how to get you to find me. Thank you."

She patted me on the back.

Outside the crowd went wild. And I looked out the window to see dad flying in. We all stood and the Avengers, that could, took flight off of various points on the balcony, the ones that couldn't held onto them or repelled down the building. Vision and Wanda floating down hand in hand. (A/N THESE TWO MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE COMIC COUPLE
Update, yeah they are my faves. Infinity war is a week away and I'm already pissed off for vision and wanda Update to the update, fuck infinity war. It was just a bad dream, remove it from cannon. Updated update to the update WandaVision. *Cries* expected but still hurts.)

the rest of us norms, non avenger, Ex-SHIELD operatives, and the retired avengers sat around watching the performance.

Right before the end of the show, Uncle Rohdey sat beside me.

"That could be you someday."

I shrugged. "I doubt it. Dad will never let that happen."

"Ah, c'mon you could take the old man."

"Oh definitely...just don't tell him that." I smiled.

"You know you could do it right?"

"Take dad? Eh--"

Rohdey laughed, "No, no, I meant be an Avenger. You're a very strong, smart young lady. And I would gladly trust you to have my back in any fight, Toni."

"Thanks, Uncle Rohdey. That means a lot." We hugged before watching the Avengers stand on stage as dad talked to the crowd.

"Well that was a nice little work out, I guess us old timers can still keep up with you youngins."

"Hey Toni, come stand here with me." Mom said beckoning me over to her.

"You okay?" I put my hand on her back to support her.

She only pointed outside.

"Oh wait, speaking of youngins, there's something I need to say. Something Pepper and I have been keeping from you for quite some time now."

"Mom," I looked at her nervously, before turning my attention back to Dad.

"About twenty years ago I fell through a portal that almost trapped me in deep space, actually it was about four blocks from here...anyway, I didn't die. So, really, I lived. Thanks to the Avengers, or pure luck, I was saved too. And soon after I was saved I went home to Pepper. Then, her life was in danger then the world's again. Life was crazy, right? We didn't have time to sit at home together, and do normal things like talk about starting a family for instance. However --"

Abi ran over to join us. "Is he about to do what I think he's about to do?" She asked.

"However, I knew she wanted one. I didn't know if I did. I mean, I looked at myself in the mirror, I knew the love of my life wanted children but I still acted like one for crying out loud! But two years after I fell through that portal...the decision was made for me, for us."

I was trapped from behin--not trapped. Encased. In a chill of familiar metal. It was a suit. I didn't have control over this suit and it flew me to Dad, against my will. I was now in front of the audience, and the cameras streaming this to anyone and everyone. I caught my reflection in the glass and saw my suit--my red and back, revamped, slightly feminized suit. . .

"Pepper was pregnant. Eight months, one week and two days later, my daughter was born." The suit set me down and the mask fell back so that dad could see me shocked and teary eyed. "We left New York, I made sure no one knew who you were because I was afraid the things that put my life, my friends' lives, and your mother's life at risk would find you too. But you're almost all grown up now. I know you can protect yourself because you are a smart and capable woman, Toni. And it's time that I let you continue to grow into yourself, with your real last name."

"Dad..."I whispered as a smile spread across my tear stricken face. I laughed as I wiped the tears away.

"Surprise?"

My smile grew. "You're such an ass hole." I cringed when I heard my voice over the mega speakers.

"Language!" He held his hand up to talk behind. "Cap's here."

"Sixteen years Tony. Sixteen. Let it go." The crowd chuckled and I looked over at Steve who casually saluted me. "Welcome to the spotlight, sport."

I started crying again and nodded at Steve. Our suits opened up so Dad and I could hug more comfortably.

"Aw, kid." Dad set his chin on top of my head.

"I only wish I had had some warning so I would have had time to put my face on." I playfully glared at the avengers.

The crowd that had grown eerily silent began to laugh. Maybe it was at my comment or maybe they thought the whole thing was a joke, but that would be dealt with in an interview or press conference. Shit, will I have to go? I snapped back to the situation at hand. The Avengers lined up to either side of Dad and I before our suits snatched us up again, and everyone dispersed with modes of transportation ranging from telepathic flight, to motorcycles, to Bifrost. The last one really was a power show he'd be back soon.

When we were back in the building my suit fell away. I kept the small bit of anger I felt from my voice--logically I worked out that it was anxiety and I'd have to face that with a clear mind later--and instead tried to focus on the many reasons this was a good thing. "Why now?" I asked looking at mom and dad.

Dad smiled. "Well, I thought it would be good for us, be able to leave the house together, family bonding and all that."

I shook my head, "I really wish you would have told me before hand." I felt tears start to well up in my eyes as a lump formed in my chest and I cursed myself. Mom, Dad, and Abi surrounded me in a group hug, which made me choke out a laugh. "Thank you, Dad."

"Omg, T..." I stared at Abi from my squished position until she continued, "Kyle was watching."

"So was your family. I'm not worried, at the very least Mikey and Lissa won't hate me, right?"

She laughed. "Oh, no. no they will not."