Chapter 17 - His Decision

Chapter 17

Jake’s POV

I’ve finally decided. I’ve made my choice. I don’t know why it took me so long to decide, it’s been her the whole time. Well, I guess it’s time to let them know.

Standing up from the log, I took one last look at the calming stretch of flowing turquoise that had kept me sane for the past 3 days. I walked towards the door and I could see that everyone had kind of separated into different parts of the house. They had all been torn apart and that was all my fault; they had taken sides and so had I.

*******************************************

Ally’s POV

Taking another glance towards the beach, I noticed Jake walking towards the house and from the look in his eyes I could tell that it was time. The make-or-break decision, his decision. I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t open my mouth. Still staring at his moving form, I got up from the sofa and walked towards the glass pane that separated us.

********************

Everyone had come downstairs and we were all squished in the living room like a bunch of kids waiting for their dad to tell them a story. Jake stood there in front of us wringing his hands, his tiredness and nervousness pouring out of him. I could tell that Tyler and Jason didn’t really care about what Jake had to say and they were only here as support; for who, I have no idea.

*********************************************

Jake’s POV

“I don’t even know how to start. Erm, I’m not anointing anyone so I don’t get why you’re all down here but okay, let’s get this thing going.”

I looked between Faye, the girl I had known for years and loved since the day we met, and Ally, the girl I had known for a couple of months and been the best to me since. I had made my decision but I knew hurting the other would kill me but I had to. Ally looked totally dumbstruck but afraid and Faye looked as confident as could be. I looked to Ally one more time, then to Faye and began.

“Faye, would you…” the silence is deafening “be my girlfriend?”

The rush and the noise after that was on a whole other scale. Faye squealed and ran up to me and threw her arms around my neck. Ally got up, shaking like Bambi, with the help of Mac and Jessie. Once she stood, she composed herself and walked up the stairs. I couldn’t take my eyes off her but I couldn’t leave because Faye was attacking my face with her lips.

*********************************************

Jessie’s POV

I could see her slowly break down as she walked up the stairs. A few stray tears fell from her eyes but she didn’t make a sound. It killed both Mac and I to see her like this, especially since Johnny. Ally had made Mac and I pack our stuff yesterday because she wanted to be ready for this and she was right to do so.

“Hey” Mac said as he came into the room, to try and get our attention. He sat beside Ally and continued, “Let’s get out of this place. I’m gonna miss the sea though.”

 He gave her his usual comforting hug (he always had the best hugs) and a kiss on the top of her head.

********************

We all got downstairs and turned to the open plan living room. Faye was still clinging onto Jake and he had a smile on his face but it didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“We’re going to leave now, as we wouldn’t want to impose on your time with your friends and your girlfriend.” Ally said, calmly. She spoke in the most polite way, which meant she was holding back but she spat out the last word, ‘girlfriend’, like it was poison in her mouth.

“Guys wait” Jake said, “you don’t need to go, you’re not imposing, you’re…”

“No!” Ally interrupted, “I mean, it’s fine. I hope you have a nice summer. Goodbye.”

And with that it was final. She walked out of the door, not looking back. I didn’t want to move; all I could do was stare at Lukas. He walked to me, knowing that I was not going to move, and kissed me. He made it worse for me to leave; my body melted into his, my feet lost all steadiness as his arm wrapped around my waist and my eyes watered.

“I don’t want to go,” I said, as our lips separated.

“She’s your best friend. I understand.” He replied to me, wiping away the stray tears.

“You better come see me. And call. And text.”

“I promise.” He vowed, sealing it with a kiss.

He walked me to the car and everyone else walked out behind us. As I looked back at that beautiful home, I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a huge smirk on Faye’s face.

Ally had already got into the car and Mac was leaning on it waiting for me. Jenna and Tyler walked to the side that Ally was on most likely to say goodbye and Jason walked to the Mac to do the same thing; they spoke for a bit and then gave each other a man hug.

After all the goodbyes had been said, I reluctantly let go of Lukas, hugged everyone else except for the ‘new couple’. I gave Lukas one last kiss and got into the car.

“Wait” Mac said, as we were about to leave, “ I forgot something.”

He got out of the car, walked up to Jake, punched him square in the face, walked back to the car and drove off.

________♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♡♥♡♥♡______

Authors Note

This is it!!!!!!!!! Book 1 is officially done!!

Ok, first off I'm sorry this took too long but I had so much going on: school, exams, people, personal stuff. It just all went down. Please, please, comment and tell me what you thought of this chapter and/or the whole book. Give me constructive criticism people. I love you all who have been reading and thank you to everyone whos kept up and asked me to keep wiriting, I wouldn't have gotten to the end without you guys. 

I was thinking that maybe I would try and write an extra chapter of the decision but all in Ally's POV. How's that? Comment or Vote and let me know. After that, next book shall begin in September.

COMMENT, FAN, VOTE, YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!!!!!! ❤

Ife ❤❤❤❤❤