We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 14 (Bad ass Alice)

I know! It's super short but at least it's something.

BECOME A FAN IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY----------------------------------------->

“Quisiera volver amarte, volver a quererte, volver a tenerte cerca de mi GIRL! Mis ojos lloran por ti” I finished the rap song, taking a deep breath at the end.

Yes. I was rapping to a song in Spanish and kicking ass at it!

John, Lucas, Ashton, Nico, Beth and Ted were staring at me in amazement, I few of them laughed because of how surprised they were. Alice had a slight smirk on her face, she’s heard me sing this song countless of times so this is nothing new to her.

“Damnnnn girl!” Nico laughed and pulled out ten bucks out of his pocket, handing them over to Alice. “You were just as good as the guy.”

Alice jumped up and down. “I told ya!”

“You lost ten dollars for not listening to me.” Ted shook his head at Nico. “Alice knows Belinda better than anyone else, why would she be wrong?”

Alice and Nico had a little bet, he didn’t believe I could do a rap song because “girls don’t rap” so Alice being her sneaky old self, bet him ten dollars that I could finish the whole song. She even showed them the original version of the song by Nico C and Big Boy just so they could all hear a little preview.

“Lucas bent down on his knees and bowed his head. “I’ve got mad respect for you Belinda.”

Everyone in the room laughed.

We were all hanging out in the sound room waiting for Mrs. Sunshine to arrive, school was over for the day but the whole Radio Show crew had to stay for a small practice.

“You should totally do a rap song next show, the students would love it!” Beth suggested, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“You can do a Nicki Minaj song” Ted added. “She’s got some good songs.”

I stayed silent, not knowing how to respond to them. Could I really rap another song? This kind of music is not in my comfort zone, I don’t know if I can do it.

“I’m not that good” I mumbled. “I’ve never rapped to another song.”

“I’m sure you can do it” John spoke for the first time, giving me a meaningful look.

Nico raised his hand. “I’ll even help if you want” he walked over to stand next to me. “I’m a pretty good rapper myself”

I looked around the small circle to see everyone giving me encouraging smiles.

“Okay” I sighed giving in, grabbing Nico by the wrist and pulling him over to the recording room. “Let’s go practice, I don’t want anyone else hearing me till’ I know I sound good.”

*************

John’s POV

Lucas, Alice, Ted and I walked over to the room where the show is supervised. There’s a small window that lets us see what’s going on in the recording room but we can’t hear anything unless we turn the microphones on.

We watched as Nico and Belinda listened closely to Nico’s iPod touch, I guess he wants her to listen to the song so she can get the hang of it.

“She’ll have it down in no time” Alice spoke smugly.

“I don’t get why she’s so insecure” Ted scrunched up his nose. “She’s very talented, there’s no reason for her to doubt herself.”

Ted is absolutely right. Belinda has an amazing voice, any other girl would be bragging about it and feeling like the real shit for being able to sing anything. But not Belinda, she has insecurities and doubts. She’s so down to earth and she never lets anything get to her head.