We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 2 (Party Planning)

My mother is the most stubborn person in the world. I've been trying to convince her not to plan anything for my birthday, so far...failed.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me mom"

"Relax sweetie” all mothers act like this. We never listen to our kids when it comes to birthday parties" she joked.

Hahaha. I'm laughing so hard I forgot to laugh MOTHER!

I heard the doorbell ring and as usual as I was about to stand up and answer the door myself when my nana rushed out of the kitchen and beat me too it. When she came back, my best friend Alice was behind her with a notebook in one hand and a pen in the other.

"Hey babe!" she greeted me with a big smile and then went over to my mom and gave her a hug "Hola Rosa"

My mother smiled at her "Hey Alice, thanks so much for coming over to help. At least one person seems enthusiastic about this party” she gave me a pointed look.

They walked over to the living room and I tagged along with them. I was curious as to what they were planning to do...it was my party after all.

"So do you still like the idea of a costume party?" Alice asked my mom hopefully.

"Yes! I already rented a party hall. The house is too small for all the people we invited."

"What?!" I jumped up from my seat. "You reserved a PARTY HALL for my birthday? Mom that's a lot of money!"

"Your father already told you not to worry about the money"

My nana came out from the kitchen to join us "You should listen to your mother Linda. You only turn 18 once in a lifetime"

Am I the only one in this family set against this PARTY?

"I can't believe this", I shook my head.

"HELLLLLO FAMILYYYYYYYY!!!!" a drunken voice yelled.

Tony stood in the doorway looking really drunk, he had a bottle of tequila in his hands and he was grinning like an idiot.

"Tony, what the heck is wrong with you?" I ran over to help him.

I put his arm around me to keep him from falling. Alice took the other side and we both helped him over to the couch.

"Hola-a pprimita" he slurred. (Hey little cousin)

"Lupe can you please go get him some coffee?” my mom asked my nana.

"Si señora" my nana said and went into the kitchen. (Yes m'am)

"Tony where have you been?" my mom asked.

"Hanging out with the friendsssss" he laughed hysterically.

"Ma' I think I should take him to his room. I don't want dad to see him like this" I said.

My mom agreed, Alice and I helped him up and took him upstairs to his room. He was really heavy but we finally made it and dropped him in his bed, he immediately passed out and was soon snoring. I told Alice to go back downstairs to help my mom and she walked out of the room.

I took off Tony's shoes and placed a blanket over him.

What happened to my loving, caring, happy cousin?

He used to be so different, we were really close he was like the brother I never had. He's a year older than me so he was supposed to be in College but he dropped out., he used to care a lot about school he said he wanted to help my dad and uncle with the business but all that went down the toilet when we lost everything an my uncle died.