We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 4 (Hurtful Memories)

"John Madison, the son of your father's enemy."

My Nana's words echoed in my head. It's already been two days since my party and I haven't been able to sleep ever since.

My digital clock in my nightstand said it was just 6:00 a.m., there weren't any sound comming from downstairs so probably everyone is still asleep.

What's the point of staying in bed if I can't sleep?

I went into my closet and pulled on some sweatpants and a matching sweater. Even though it's still really early I don't think my parents will mind if I go for a jog around the neighborhood as long as I'm back in time for breakfast.

I want to take my head away from all the stress that's been going on in my house, after what happened with John my dad hasn't been talking to me. I think he's mad because I tried to help him, but it's not my fault! I had no idea he was Madison's son.

I walked down the stairs as quietly as I could, all the lights were turned off but I could still make my way to the front door. As soon as I was out and away from my driveway I started running down my street. I pulled out my I-Pod touch from my pocket and blasted them full volume so I could block out all the other noises.

I sang along to the lyrics of 'Almost Lover' by a Fine Frenzy.

Your Fingertips across my skin

the palm trees swaying in the wind images.

***Flashback***

"Okay then....Boyfriend?"

I grinned cheekily"No, I'm single and trying to keep it that way"

"Maybe I could change that" he winked.

***

I can't believe John Madison had the nerve to come to my party! Doesn't he know my family hates his family? Does he have the slightest idea of what his father has made us suffer?

Huh, now all the things he said to me at the party made sense.

***Flashback***

"Don't worry" I smiled. "If you were invited by one of my friends it's okay. Just tell me your name and we're good"

"My name?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, my name is Belinda in case you didn't know" I said waiting for him.

I waited but nothing.

"I can't tell you my name" He said hesitantly.

"Why is that?" I questioned.

"I...I just can't"

****

He knew if my parents found out he was there he would be kicked out of my party, that's why he kept his identity a secret...

"I don't think you would be talking to me right now if you knew who I am"

Of course I wouldn't have talked to him, he's my freaking enemy. He's just like his father! A lying little bastard.

***Flashback***

I thought he was going to try kissing me on the mouth and I was ready to pull away from him, but instead he kissed me...on the cheek.

****

Damn it! I have to stop thinking about him... He's a Madison!

Valencia's and Madison's don't mix...