We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 11 (Getting Flirty)

The weekend went by faster than I expected. Tony was feeling a lot better the next day, so Rocco drove us home and got to pay a visit to my parents who were ecstatic to see him. I spent most of the weekend taking care of Tony and trying to distract my parents so they wouldn't notice anything weird with him.

On Monday morning I woke up feeling really tired. I wasn't even nervous about being on the Radio Show, today is the first day we go on air during lunch time. When we arrived to the recording room everyone was busy getting ready, Ted was practicing with his co-star Nico, Beth was working with the sound system, Ashton was sitting in a corner of the room playing his guitar, Alice and Lucas were looking at some last minute details with Mrs. Sunshine...which left me having to work with John.

"Hey" I greeted him, and sat down on the empty chair next to him.

He looked up form the music sheet he was holding and smiled at me. "Hey"

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"Not really" he shrugged. "You?"

"Nah" I laid back against my chair, and yawned. "It's kind of surprising though, I thought I was going to be freaking out when this day came."

"You look tired" he said looking into my eyes. "Does this have to do anything with what happened on Friday?"

"Yes" I sighed. "But I don't want to talk about it."

He didn't say anything after that and turned to look back at his music sheet, I watched as he mouthed the words of his song. Today we aren't going to sing a duet. Mrs. Sunshine thought it would be a good idea to sing a song individually so that our audience could get a chance to hear our voices better.

"What song are you singing?" I asked, jerking away from my thoughts and turning to look back at him.

"I'm going to sing 'Pour some sugar on me' by The Maine" he grinned at me. "I want everyone to be very pumped up for tonight."

"For tonight?"

"It's Halloween today" he gave me a surprised look. "Don't you remember?"

Halloween already? Damn I'm totally out of it today. Stupid Tony, he kept treating me like his slave all weekend.

"Ah" I scrunched up my nose. "Tonight is the night high school kids party all night. And the night girls dress up slutty without getting called a 'Slore'."

"Slore?" he snorted. "What the hell is that?"

"It's a mix of the words 'slut' and 'whore', duh!" I rolled my eyes.

"You say that like it's the most obvious thin in the world" he accused.

"Well that word is so old!"

"Whatever" he chuckled. "Hey, are you still going to the House of Torment?"

Oh, I forgot about that. Well I guess the plans are still the same, Ted and Alice haven't mentioned anything about changing the plans for tonight so I guess we're still going.

"Yes, I think so. Why?" I asked curious to know why he was asking.

"I'm just curious" he shrugged. "Hey, what song are you singing?"

I didn't call him out for changing the subject since that's the same thing I did a few minutes ago, so I just let it pass and answered his question.

"I don't have a song planned" I said truthfully. "But now you gave me an idea. Since you're doing a classic rock song, I'm going to choose one too."

"What song?"

"Mhmmm, how about 'I love Rock N' Roll' by Joan Jett?" I suggested.

"That's a good choice" he nodded. "But doesn't Britney Spears sing that song?"