We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 13 (Dia de los Muertos)

BECOME A FAN IF YOU HAVEN'T--------------------------------------------------->

The next day Tony and I got home around 9:00 a.m. the rest of our friends also went separate ways and Alice had called Mrs. Sunshine to tell her we wouldn't be at school today. And as usual Mrs. Sunshine had freaked out and yelled at her for a good 30 minutes but then she had to go get the rest of the radio show gang to help her come up with something so they would entertain the students during lunch.

My parents didn't get mad at us for getting home this late since I had called last night, but they didn't really give us any time for us to get anymore sleep since today is El dia de los Muertos. My dad had decided that we should go to the English church ceremony instead of the Spanish one since it's actually earlier and father Juan is going to be there. My parents wouldn’t have to go pick me up at school, there was no way they would run into John which made me feel so much calmer.

I was in my room getting ready to go to church. I frowned at myself in the mirror when I saw the dark circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep. We shouldn't have let Tony and Roccco drink, we could have made it home early and avoided getting in trouble with Mrs. Sunshine, but I guess the only good thing that came out of this is that my parents don't have to go pick me up after school, thus lowering the chances of them running into John.

"Can I come in?" Tony called from outside my bedroom door.

"Yeah" I yelled and walked over to my small closet to grab a coat to put over my dress.

"Woah you look nice" he complimented me as soon as he came in. "But your face looks kind of...dead?"

"Thanks" I grumbled. "That's just what every girl wants to hear" I said sarcastically.

"Just stating the truth"

I ignored him and pulled out my cell phone so I could text Ted, I had invited him to come to church with us. Alice and her family were already meeting us over there since they also go to the same church as we do, but Ted says his family isn't the 'religious' type so I thought it would be a good idea if I invited him to come along with my family.

Are you almost here?

"Who are you texting?" Tony asked from where he was laying on my bed.

"I invited Ted, he's coming with us" I explained

"Oh, that's cool." he nodded. "You should also invite your other friends...Josh and Leo?"

I froze, remembering those were the names John and Lucas had used as their fake names.

"I already did" I lied. "But they decided to go to school, today"

"Bummer"

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out.

I'm outside your house :D

"Ted's outside, Tony can you go out there and keep him company while I finish getting ready?"

"Sure thing Prima" he stood up and walked out my door.

I fixed the two awesome braids my Nana had braided for me, I sucked at braiding hair so that's why I always asked my Nana to do it. I quickly buttoned up my coat and made my way downstairs and into the living room, where my mom was helping my father with his tie while my Nana sat on the couch waiting patiently.

I also noticed the delicious food my mom and Nana had cooked for our guests who are coming to our house later.

"Belinda? Ya estas lista?" my dad asked, standing very still while my mother tugged on his tie. (Belinda? Are you ready to go?)