We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 10 (The Good Times)

"You are in so much trouble!" I cried and threw myself on Tony.

"Careful" Tony winced, shrinking away from me.

“Sorry." I apologized and took my weight off his body

I sat down on the chair next to the bed. He was laying down on Rocco's bed, there was a large bandage wrapped around his abdomen and it had a few blood stains. He looked really pale and weak as he stared up at me, he smiled at me trying to fool me into thinking he was fine but I didn't buy it.

I couldn't help the tears from running down my cheeks as I stared down at his fragile figure.

"I was really worried about you" I sobbed and hugged him gently. "When I got the call from Rocco I thought the worst...I was freaking out"

"I knew it. I freakin' told Rocco not to tell you anything" he rolled his eyes. "You worry too much, Linda."

"I can't help it"

"Well you don't need to worry anymore" he squeezed my hand. "I'm completely fine"

I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I had been so worried about him, I couldn't stop shaking on the drive here from school. Ted and Alice kept assuring me everything was going to be fine, but I refused to calm down until I saw Tony.

"How did this happen?" I looked up at him, with questioning eyes.

"A fight"

"No shit sherlock! I already knew that." I said angrily "Who did you fight with and why?"

"He sighed "Mario challenged me to a fight. I couldn't back down; when we were fighting he brought out a pocket knife and stabbed me. End of story."

My eyes grew wide as he spoke each sentence. "Are you crazy Tony?! You know Mario isn't a fair fighter. Why would you accept to fight with him?"

Mario is the leader of Tony's rival gang. As you can guess Tony is the leader of his gang, I learned all this when Alice and I used to be into the whole gang thing, we had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting Mario Torres.

"I couldn't let him beat the shit out of me!" he said defensively. "I had to fight back."

He could have just left, gone somewhere else. But Nooo, Tony has too much pride.

"Mario is a stupid bastard" I said through gritted teeth. "I swear when I see him I'm goin-"

"You're doing nothing" he cut me off. "I don't want any more problems with him."

I swallowed hard and bit my tongue. Tony was right, I couldn't do anything...I would just cause another fight between them and maybe next time wouldn't be so...lucky.

I looked at Tony and realized he isn't going to be able to get out bed for a while. We're going to have to come up with a really good excuse for my parents.

"I'm going to call mom and tell her we're sleeping over at Rocco's house. I'm sure she won't mind" I stood up.

"You don't have to stay"

"I want to take care of you" I said stubbornly. "I'm not going anywhere without you."

"Fine" he said feebly. "Go ahead and call my Tia"

I got out of the room and walked to the living room where Alice and Ted were sitting down waiting for me.

"How is he doing?" Alice jumped up from her seat, and walked over to me.

"He's fine" I smiled. "I'm going to call my Ma' to tell her I'm staying here for the night"

"Whoa, hold up" Ted raised up his hands. "You can't tell your mom you're sleeping over at Rocco's place!"