We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 5 (Oh no!)

Today is the day I go back to the nightmare I call: SCHOOL. Why? Well because teenagers can be cruel and especially the rich bratty ones I'm going to have to deal with. I'm going to be attending a new private school for my senior year, some of the people from my old school started treating me like shit after they found out I was 'poor'. My parents were really supportive and they offered to sign me up to a public school but before that could happen I got a scholarship offer. From Lexington Private School and I accepted. The only reason I am not freaking out right now is because Alice is coming with me, she convinced her dad (Mr. Escalante is awesome) to transfer her over to my new school, thank god! I know people at this new school aren't going to treat me any better, but I want a fresh start and if the kids at this school don't like me then FUCK THEM! I'm not going to take any bullshit from anybody; I have the right to attend this private school just as much as they do. The only difference is that I actually earned it by being smart, the only reason they go to this 'fancy school' is because their daddy's are paying billions of dollars. I know my dad used to pay for my old school but I was still smart and I didn't want to take the opportunity from someone else trying to get a scholarship, but now I need it. I still got good grades even though I had all the money in the world; I never treated the scholarship students like trash...Why couldn't my supposedly called 'friends' be like me? Why did they have to be so mean?

"Linda!", my mom yelled from downstairs. "Are you ready to go?"

I glanced at myself in the mirror and examined my new uniform; it consisted of a white shirt, a red coat with the school's logo on it, blue-jean skirt, red tie with stripes and tall black heeled boots. I made sure to tuck the back of my white shirt in so that it wouldn't rise up and expose my tattoo.

"Yeah Ma', I'm coming." I grabbed my black cross-body bag and ran downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the brown lunch bag from my mom's hand.

"Alice is already waiting for you outside." she informed me.

"Okay then, I have to go" I said and walked over to peck her on the cheek.

"Good luck mija" she smiled. "And tell Alice to drive slowly"

"Yeah, yeah" I yelled out as I walked out the front door.

Alice was in her car waiting for me; I walked over to the passenger seat and got in.

"Damn, you take a long ass time to get ready" she complained.

"Good morning to you too Alice" I smiled sarcastically at her.

"Sorry" she laughed. "It's just...you know me I 'm very--"

"Impatient, I know". I said as she pulled out of my driveway and got on the highway.

"I can't believe we're not going to Baltimore Prep anymore" she sighed.

"I know, but you were the one who insisted on coming along with me. I didn't force you to do anything" I reminded her.

"Of course!" she scoffed. "I couldn't just let my best friend move to a new school and replace me with another whore"

"Ah, I would never replace you!"

"Mhmmm. Yeah sure, whatever" she said teasing me.

I narrowed my eyes at her "You are so dramatic you know that?"

"I've been told" she shrugged. "So how is Tony doing?"

I looked out the window at the moving trees "He's fine, he's been talking to me a lot more"

"That's great" she said stealing a glance at me before turning back to the rode.

"Yeah" I smiled remembering the talk we had at the church. "He's starting to act like the old Tony"