We are like Romeo and Juliet. Chapter 8 (See You Again)

"You two know each other?" Mrs. Sunshine asked glancing between us.

"You could say that..." I responded.

John looked uncomfortable under my stare, I wanted to punch him so bad but I know if I do that I'll get kicked out of this stupid school. His dad has all the money in the world to get my ass in jail if I hurt his son.

"That's wonderful!" she exclaimed. "Now you have another friend on the show"

I shook my head "I didn't say we were friends."

She frowned at me. "What do you mean?"

"John and I ha--"

"What she means is that she knows John but they don't really talk to each other", Ted interrupted me.

I looked over at Ted with wide eyes, and he gave me the 'just-shut-up-and-let- me -talk' look.

"Well that's we're here for, to make new friends. You two are going to be spending a lot of time together" she pointed at John and I.

"What?!"John yelled, glancing around franticly . "What are you talking about?"

I guess he still doesn't know I'm the female lead singer

"Haven't you heard?" I smirked. "I'm the new female lead singer."

"You?"

"Yes me."

"Is there a problem John?" the teacher asked.

Everyone stared at John waiting for his response, waiting for him to ruin the chances of me becoming the lead singer because let's be rational. If he doesn't want me to be the lead singer, he can have me out of the show with a snap of his fingers.

"Not at all" he finally answered.

"Perfect" Mrs. Sunshine clapped her hands."Well now that we have everyone--"

"Actually" John raised his hand. "My friend Lucas also wants to work for the show, is that okay?"

"Of course! we can have as many people as we want. Where is he?" she asked looking around

"He's not here right now, he had to leave early."

"Make sure he comes to the next meeting" she smiled. "Now...why don't we have our lead singers sing for us?"

"Now?!" I asked surprised.

"Yes, I would like you both to sing a song individually...just for us"

"But we don't have any music with us" John protested.

"No worries" the teacher walked over to Beth. "Beth here can search up some lyrics. I'll give you ten minutes to get ready" she walked away and into her office.

Wtf????

Ted and Alice immediately rushed over to me.

"They are going to be blown away by your voice!" Ted grinned excitedly.

"I don't know guys" I said a bit unsure. "What if they think I'm bad"

Alice scoffed. "Trust me if they do...they have hearing problems!"

"Belinda" an oh too familiar voice said behind me.

I turned around to look at him, he was a little too close but I didn't want him to think I was intimidated so I didn't move away.

"John...Oh wait or is it Romeo?" I said sarcastically.

"What are you doing here?”he ignored my comment