Chapter 28: Downfall

A/N: sorry fam i haven't updated this book since backspace had 28k reads
it hs 116k now ):

Han Bi's POV

It's going to be okay..

"Are you okay?" Hanna asked me, her gaze dropping down on my fiddling fingers. I let out a nervous gulp, but she gave me a serious look. "I went to school last Saturday to talk to your uncle. I saw you with someone, where did you go?"

I bit my insides as flashbacks (a/n: in italics) of last Saturday stayed in my mind. "Uh... s-shopping." How could I stammer and stutter at the same time.

"I'm so sorry Han Bi. I truly regret everything." Sang-mi told me as she held my hands tight. I could sense sincere on her eyes but why does she look so afraid?

"Ae-jung was right. Staying in this place is the consequence of hurting you so much, making people hurt you as well and doing things to you that were so evil and you just don't deserve it. I regret every single thing and as much as I hate thinking about me asking for it, I truly ask for your forgiveness. I know words aren't enough.. I'm really sorry."

My heart trembled. I don't know what to say nor what to feel. Is she deceiving me again?

"Han Bi, are you listening?" Hanna asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly looked at her in the eye and tried to remove the flashbacks that were happening in my head. "Going shopping with someone I don't know? Why didn't you ask me to come with you?"

"And also.. as much as I know you'll hate what I'll say next, you need to leave Kim Han-Seok right now." She said, her compassionate tone suddenly turning to a serious one. My heart dropped.

"What? Sang-mi this isn't what we talked about!" Ae-jung interrupted and slammed her fists on the table.

My heart started racing as Sang-mi's gaze turned to her menacingly. "I'm serious, Ae-jung! I don't care how ridiculous you think I am but I'm really sorry that I just couldn't do anything right! It's my fault okay?!"

"Han Bi, you're dozing off. Are you okay?" Hanna snapped her fingers in front of me. It took me seconds to realize that I was lost in my own thoughts again.

Saturday just kept on repeating in my head like a broken disk.

"Hanna, I'm sorry, I just need a second.." I say and stood up immediately rushed to the bathroom. I stopped by the the sink, my hands resting on either sides of it and looked up at my reflection in front of me. Flashbacks were still attacking me.

"Han Bi, I swear, you need to leave before it's too late. If you stay, you get hurt. I'm warning you, please help yourself get through this." Sang-mi told me, sending me shivers, her hand on mine holding tighter.

Ae-jung looked at Sang-mi for a short second then to me. She then swatted Sang-mi's hand away.

"Are you trying to trick her again? Seriously, Sang-mi. You've done enough. You couldn't ruin Han Bi's life anymore. I thought that you'll fix things and let her go." Ae-jung said in an angry tone.

"Ae-jung.." I said and laid my hand on her arm.

Sang-mi's head turned to her. "It's for Han Bi's good." Sang-mi then blunted. Ae-jung's jaw dropped and looked at me, shaking her head.

"Don't listen to her! If she truly regrets all these inhumane things she has done to you, she won't ask Taejun to hurt you!"

I cleared my throat and ignored Ae-jung's rant for a moment. "First of all.. thank you, Sang-mi, I'm going to leave now. I forgive you. Ae-jung, let's go."