Chapter 24: Truth

A/N: Sorry for the delayed update, I was trying to finish Backspace like a fool, so forgive me please. Merry Christmas everybody!

Han Bi's POV

"Sang-mi.. did something to you didn't she?" Jin held my wrist tight. I winced and pulled my hand away from him. "And how can you possibly say that?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"Just freaking tell me." He demanded in a menacing tone.

"Ugh. Yes, she did. What's new about it, anyway? She hurts me the way she always does and that's for sure." I sternly said, looking at him in the eye. He looked at me in surprised.

"What did she do now? Ugh, that girl.. she's too much." He asked, his voice suddenly getting filled with concern. I watched the expression in his face.

"Technically speaking, she wanted to poison me with cyanide. I got away from it, luckily." I explained. He was shocked in a split second.

"What? You let yourself almost get poisoned? And that doesn't even matter to you? Are you kidding me?!" Jin scarily asked in a louder voice.

"Yah Seokjin, it's fine, I didn't get poisoned anyway. I will always get away from it. You sound so much like a brother or a dad to me." I said in a low tone, quite overwhelmed by his reaction.

He ignored what I said. He looked at me, then down to the ground and sighed. "You don't know what else she can do to you."

"No, it's alright, people here will hate me as long as I live." I said, he was abiut to contradict but I shushed him.

I wanted to tell him how much I wanted to leave the school because of what they're doing to me but I kept on staying. But I held my words back. The dilemma is killing me, the torture is killing me, everything is killing me.

I always cry so much when I come home and I try my best to endure anything because of what's keeping me in my uncle's school. I couldn't help but lock myself in my room all the time and cry. People damn hate me so much.

"Jin..." I called. "Do you hate me like all the other people do? You don't... right? You don't?" I said, choking my words little by little. 

"Yah, of course I don't hate you. Those people are freaking stupid." He said.

"Just tell me the truth.. what exactly have I been doing wrong? I know what but it's not so clear.. I didn't do anything of what the gossip's about.. Why do they just hate me so much?" My voice's volume is getting lower and lower.

I felt Jin put his hand on my shoulder. I looked up to him. "They just got brainwashed by Sang-mi because of her jealousy, we both know that. She's not saying any truth in her words." He started.

Why is Sang-mi so jealous of me? Why can't she just let go of Jin? Well it would be more understandable if I should be jealous instead of her anyway. She's prettier, she knows how to dress nicely, she speaks English, and she has lots of friends. I don't want her to think she's not good enough for Jin anyway.

"Why did you lie, Seokjin? Why did you tell her that you're in love with me, not Hanna?" I asked spontaneously. The only way to find out is to hear it coming from him.

"A lie?" He asked. "Call it a lie, then. But I didn't say that for any other reason that you think of." He continued.

"What?" I asked, quite baffled at what he said.

"You're so slow Han Bi, but it's okay. I'm still ahead of you no matter what. I could confront Sang-mi, you know." Jin suggested.

"No, don't." I said. "Seokjin, that's the last thing you'll ever want to do. Talking to Sang-mi will make her angrier and more jealous of me. I don't want that.. please don't do so. I'm doing completely fine." I continued.