Chapter 21: Non-existent Reason

Han Bi's POV

Eighth day of torture.

It's really not doing me good. I would walk to school with loud chatters about me filling my ears. My head is always bowed down low. I always bump into people because of doing that, and even though I say sorry they would try their best to be as rude as they can about it.

It's the typical type of torture. I always get shoved on, there are always nasty remarks on my locker, everyone throws stuff at me in my class and write nasty words on my desk, etc. Hanna always tries to talk to me and help me about it but I couldn't utter a word.

And.. Jin, he still won't stop caring.

I kept on begging him to stop, I don't want him to get hated by people too. In the end, everyone likes him. I don't want people to hate him just because he's on the poor, defenseless girl's side.

But he really won't stop. He kept on showing me how much he cares but I just push him away. He's just going to make it more difficult for the two of us, right?

It's been more than a week and I just couldn't help but be passive about it. My brother always asks me what's wrong, kept on knocking on my bedroom door and never get tired of doing so just to find out what's going on. I want to talk to him so much, but I don't know what he can do.

If I talk to him about it.. he might ask our parents to make me move school, and I don't want that. I'm leaving too many people behind. So I kept my mouth shut.

I could endure it right? As long as I don't leave Hanna, Ye-eun, Soojin, and Seokjin behind. Even if it hurts me so much.

I feel so scared of going to school everyday. Our driver would give me words of encouragement everyday like he always does and I always try my best to get those pieces of encouragement in my mind. I'm really grateful that even if he doesn't know a thing about this, he still tries to make me happy. Just like everyone else in my family.

It's Wednesday today, and I finally made up my mind on how I'm just sick of my fake appearance. I didn't put on my lame pigtails and my fake glasses for once, and that's today.

"Han Bi, don't let people in this school bring you down okay?" Ahjussi told me after I stepped down of the car. I gave him a fake smile. "Arrasseo." I shortly replied.

"Alright, alright. Remember, fighting!" He said and clenched his fist to give me the 'fighting' gesture. "Yeah, fighting.." I said in a low voice. The car disappeared shortly after.

I walked in, taking a deep breath.

You'll get to your classroom fast Han Bi, don't freaking cry. You want to make it through the students' glares without a tear welling up in your eyes, alright?

I trudged to the classroom and immediately stopped in front of it. My hand rested on the doorknob for a minute. I really don't want to go in, I'm still not used to the treatment and I might not handle it when I enter.

I then felt someone shove me hard to the side, "Why don't you just go inside already, brat? Still thinking about more peasant crimes to do? Urgh, get a break. We all know how much you hurt Sang-mi." I heard Seol-na speak.

That's not true. I stood there, speechless. She just rolled her eyes at me and went inside the classroom, the door making a loud bang, making me flinch a little.

I then saw Jin walking slowly to the door, about to go inside he classroom but then he saw me here standing like an idiot. He sighed ang gestured me to go inside first.

I shook my head. "That classroom is a hell hole, in fact this whole school is. I really just want to leave this school." I said in a low, serious voice.