Chapter 23: Trial

poor editing because this is the worst day ever, but give love everyone, give loveeee 사랑을 좀 주세요~

Han Bi's POV

"Hahaha, good job Sang-mi. You got her real good." One of Sang-mi's friend commented and they did a high five right after.

I'm now lying on the floor, face planted on the ground along with my whole body. My knees are scraped a little and I think I just broke my nose. I stood up slowly in shame and brushed the dirt off my clothes. My hand landed on my nose. That freaking hurts.

Apparently, I tripped when I walked past Sang-mi and her friends because Sang-mi had her leg out and I didn't notice.

I didn't mind them and got some stuff out from my locker. After that, I walked back past them again, seeing Sang-mi's leg still out. I sighed and then cautiously avoided it when I walked past.

But of course, they never got enough. They knew I quickly avoided them the second time so Sang-mi pushed me, just so that I can fall on my face again.

I didn't, luckily. I was so pissed but I maintained my composure so that Sang-mi won't fake being the victim again when I try standing up for myself.

I got out of the girls' locker room but was dragged by someone and brought me further to somewhere. I was surprised at the sudden movement. The person had familiar long brown hair I've seen once.

The person faced me with a disappointed look on her face. "Oh.. Ryu Ae-jung ssi, it's you." I said, quite surprised coming across an acquintance again. She shook her head slowly at me.

"Didn't I tell you to not let Sang-mi get into your way? Stop being a pushover and woman up, Han Bi. Sang-mi is a lot softer than you think." She lectured like she knows so much about Sang-mi.

"What. How.. How long have you known Sang-mi for?" I asked in a curious tone.

"Four years. Apparently, Jin oppa and Sang-mi have been friends for that long. I was Sang-mi's close friend that time too, but she left me and kept on obsessing over Jin for a long time. Jin was kinda fond of her until he found out how much she became mean to me and neglected me for him. I still don't know if she changed just because of being in love or if that's her real personality." She explained.

I didn't know that.

"Sang-mi, she's only intimidating when she thinks someone is defenseless. But when someone stands up and is capable of hurting and intimidating her back, she will get out of the way. You can do that, right? Stand up for yourself?"

My mouth gaped open.

I shook my head slowly and stepped back. "No, Ae-jung ssi... I can't do something like that. I don't want to create a scene. Besides, if Sang-mi becomes threatened by my presence... in the end, everyone will hate me more and more. I really could just leave the school, no big deal."

"Han Bi, I know that we're only acquintances but I'm really begging you to stop acting stupid for now. Don't make it seem easy to leave when you're leaving people who treasure you truly and if you're in love with Jin and he's in love with yo—"

"No, Ae-jung ssi, I beg you too. Don't lie to me. Jin doesn't love me for Christ's sake. He told me that he loves Hanna and that's all there is to it." I cut her off.