Chapter 15: The Dreaded Question

A/N: Double update! This is my favourite chapter guys :> I'm so happy I wrote it.

Han Bi's POV

"You really are something, aren't you, Han Bi? I k-kinda like you for that." He said, ruffling my hair and walking past me.

What did he just say?

What he said just earlier can't stop playing inside my head until school ended. Was he being too careless of what he's saying? He told me he kinda likes me for that, alright. It's not true, probably. It was maybe a product of hallucination.

Well, I hope that's nothing for now. I pushed it aside. I think he went home early so that's why I can't see him in sight after we got out.

Right after I stepped out of the classroom.. Soojin, Ye-eun and Hanna huddled around me. The girls were squaling like pigs. They all sang me a happy birthday and I shyly smiled at them.

My birthday was always the same, celebrated simply every year. In my old school, no one knew a thing about it, and instead of having everyone, my close friends greeted me instead.

I mean, "close friends".

"I'm so excited! Where are we going? It's your special day today, Han Bi. We don't want to waste it since it only comes by a year." Soojin asked with a bright smile. It's true. Ye-eun punched him lightly in the arm and glared at him.

"Yes, Han Bi, Soojin's right. We're not wasting it. It will be fine as long as he doesn't spend most of the time with you." Ye-eun said, emphasizing the last sentence so clearly.

"You like Soojin, Ye-eun?" Hanna butted in, popping a completely random question.

Our eyes landed on her. "I mean, it would make sense if you did.. you look quite cute together." Hanna continued. Soojin's face stiffened and Ye-eun just held out a laugh.

"Come on Hanna, we're best friends ever since middle school, that's all there is to it. Besides, I get jealous too. You know that I won't just let my best friend spend most of his time not being with me," Ye-run responded, putting her hand around Soojin's tall shoulder. Soojin just pouted.

I smiled to myself, they're probably the best of all low-key couples.

Hanna held out a small laugh and I did so too, until my eyes landed on familiar ones behind Hanna. My eyes widened in surprise and anger. My blood was boiling and my fists clenched.

He started walking to me with a welcoming smile on his face, wearing our school uniform. Why is he studying here? Is he following me?

No shit, I can't breathe.

No. This isn't happening. I'm completely hallucinating.

Ye-eun saw me looking at him and diverted her stare behind her and Hanna. Soojin and Hanna don't know whats going on but it seems like they've seen the bitter look on my face.

Ye-eun let out a small smile, saying something that I was dreading not to hear, "I know who he is. He saved me."

I can feel my insides flipping.

"Saved you?" Soojin asked Ye-eun, confused.

I shook my head and pushed them to walk-- run away. I have no time to deal with him, I don't want Taejun ruining this day today. He was calling me from afar and chasing after me, little by little.