Chapter 7: Love Project

AUTHOR'S BACK TO WRITING THIS! :) Hello, thank you for the 2k reads~

Han-Bi's POV

"Eat more, Han-Bi~ You're getting thinner and I don't want you to be that way." Eomma said as she put more food on my plate.

""There should be a reason you're home late tonight." Oppa suspiciously said, staring through my soul.

"Yah, not that you need to know about it anyway. Keep eating, geez." I told him. He slowly started eating again but he's glaring at me.

"Eomma, Han-Bi is only 16, she stays late in school for no valid reason." Oppa told Eomma. Aish, what's wrong with staying late?

"Ah-- Eomma, don't listen to what oppa says. He's out of his mind. Besides, as long as I'm still alive and not injured when I come home, everything's perfectly fine." I assured mom, she understands me more than anyone else does. Oppa rolled his eyes.

"Kids nowadays." he mentioned after an annoyed sigh.

"Yeah, adults nowadays...acting like kids, staying at home and not getting a job...YOU'RE 19! GET A JOB YOU FREAK! BE PRODUCTIVE AT LEAST ONCE!" I shouted as I threw my shoe at him.

"Ah, stop arguing and just eat." Eomma said as she watched us shout at each other.

Oppa heard what she said and threw my shoe back at me, hitting me in the head. "Oww that hurts!" I said as I rubbed my aching head. Oppa was laughing and went back to his seat.

"You should refrain from staying out, Han Bi. I agree with your brother." Eomma said and Oppa put ona victorious look on his face. "You have a boyfriend don't you?" he blurted out.

"No. NEVER. Eomma, oppa is talking nonsense again." I said. "But don't you have a boyfriend before?" That's when I dropped my chopsticks and my spoon.

"I don't see him anymore. Not that I still care about him." I nonchalantly told my mom, not looking at her.

"Love, wasn't it?" Oppa chuckled.

"What?" I interrogated as I looked at him slowly. "Love brought you to each other." he smiled.

"That, obviously. But not the actual love, the actual love brings people together for a long time. Like Eomma and Appa, they're married for 23 years. That's what love is." I told him in the same monotonous voice

Oppa slammed his hands on the table and stood up quickly. "Love doesn't always bring people together for a long time. Love is an important affection for someone. That 'love' may fade away and maybe come back. Love isn't that powerful as you think, Han-Bi. You can have your eyes on one person though it can be unrequite--" I stood up and cut him off with what I believe.

"That bullshit isn't love, bastard." I interrupted.

"Love is powerful. Love isn't having your eyes on someone who doesn't love you back. I think unrequited love is crap. That shouldn't be a thing. Love is everlasting and beautiful. It puts a connection between two people for a very long time. When love fades, there isn't love. All of us silly people use the term love too loosely. Do you think love is when you drool at someone and like every side of them but fades away after some time?" I explained.

"Yes, still love." he answered.

"A rhetorical question. Anyway, what's your point again?" I'm getting into this debate so much that I take every single thing very seriously.

"Love can be in different forms. Love isn't having to live with someone for the rest of your life. You're talking about commitments. Commitment is like...marriage and God knows if love can last that long. It may and it can't, but it's still love." he said in a nostalgic way, as if something has happened to him before regarding this, that I may not have known about.