Chapter 17: Raindrops

Trigger Warning: Jinbi can kill you, burying you and your feels altogether. Also, this chapter is not well-edited. Sorry. Vomments!

Han Bi's POV

It's been two weeks since Sang-mi and the other dude got admitted to the hospital. I wanted to visit her but I don't know what to say. I don't want her to badmouth me and make her believe that I was making things worse. Still, I was extremely worried, I couldn't stop thinking about that incident everyday.

Probably because I was involved with it.

Hanna kept on telling me how much Sang-mi wanted to see Seokjin that day, but I never knew if he went to see her.

Ever since, I don't talk to him casually anymore, only if I needed him. Other than that, it seemed like I was a no one to him.

Though I admit, my throat is always dry whenever I see him pass by. My lips were always shut. I couldn't say hi and he really seems like he doesn't even want to talk to me, so I didn't even bother trying to.

Maybe, maybe I miss him talking to me. But that's only a maybe.

I don't talk to anyone else anymore except for the three people who are always there for me; Soojin, Ye-eun and Hanna. I don't think I can handle this any longer. I'm becoming more and more passive for no reason.

The day finally came when Sang-mi finally showed up to school. Her group of friends began swarming her right when she stepped foot inside. I really wanted to say hi but my mind just kept on preventing myself from doing so.

She was still injured, there's a thick, long bandage wrapped around her right leg all the way down to her foot. She was walking with wooden crutches and there's a few bandages on her forehead. I was so glad she's getting better, so glad that she's just well enough to go to school even if she's still injured.

Why would she jump, though? I'm so confused. She shouldn't have.

Getting a rejection from Jin isn't worth jumping off a building for.

When I walked across her friends around, she immediately noticed my existence.
"Kwon Han Bi," she called, sending me chills down my spine. I flinched a little and gulped. She then told her friends to leave her alone with me for a minute.

"Do you know? I know that you like Jin oppa too," She said in an irritated voice. I was about to object but I just allowed her talk.

"But let me ask you this, who the hell are you to?" She continued.

My throat was dry.

"I mean, you just entered his life around a few months ago, and now he treats you like you're so special to him. Does he like you, huh? That jerk, I can't calculate how much his standards had dropped. But still, you can't take him away from me. Stay back at your one lane, peasant. What's mine is mine." She darted painful words at me, provoking me little by little.

Calm down, Han Bi, she was just telling you to back off in the most hurtful way. It's nothing, right?

"You've known him only for four months, while I've known him for four years. See the difference? Can you please put that in your tiny brain?" She continued, poking my forehead with her finger hard, hard enough for my head to back a little, making me look so stupid.

I'm done.

I swatted her hand away from my forehead immediately.

"Alright Sang-mi, that's enough. You know what? Your brain might be the size of the whole universe, but what good does it do to you when you don't know how to use it? Sorry to break it out to you, but my silence is a sign that I'm using my brain."