But I can't.

I can't bear the feeling of seeing Ryan stare at me with the look of disapproval in his eyes. I don't want to seem like a lost cause.

"No," I reply. "Not right now." I tell him and he nods, understandingly.

The waiter comes to our table and greets us both. Ryan smiles at her and orders both of us a large basket of steaked chili cheese fries along with Buffalo wings. Those were just the appetizers, Ryan informed me. My mother waters just by the name alone and If my mother were here right now, she would probably be scolding while trying to shove celery sticks down my throat and weight me every ten seconds.

Ryan sips on his drink that the waiter had brought over and clears his throat. "Alright, let's do something fun. Tell me your dream lifestyle."

"Dream lifestyle?" I ask, wondering what he meant.

He smiles, his dimples gracing his cheeks. "Yeah, where would you like to see yourself in eight to maybe ten years? And if you say you don't have a plan I will totally flip out, Skylar." He says, jokingly.

I smile as he traces tiny circles around my hand. "I..um...I don't—" He gives me a sharp look and I almost flinch back but began laughing lightly as he points a finger at me.

"Not the right answer, Sky."

I giggle, amsused as I swat his finger out of my face. "Okay, fine." I bit my lip as my eyes drift around him, from his sharp jaw, his stunning ocean eyes, to the bright blonde hair on his head. "I think I want—No, no—I know I want to have a big family." I tell him. I always thought about having a big family. I never want my child to feel alone. "Yeah, I want a big family, a nice house, a shiny all black Range Rover and I want to start a business." I told him.

His eyes are focused only on me. "A business?"

I nod. "Yeah, I don't talk about this a lot but I want to be my own boss." I remember having this conversation with my dad on the night he caught me crying in the bathroom. He was trying to distract me from my real issues while trying to clean up the blood, my blood.

My eyes lower for a moment and Ryan seems to catch this and tugs my hand, pulling me before I fall down the dark tunnel. "What kind of stuff are you into?

"Interior designing," I answer him. "Do you know the Sims games?"

His eyes brighten and he cringes. "Oh, God, no. Skylar, please don't tell me you're obsessed with that game. Just like my sister. She never gets off the computer long enough for me to even greet her."

I grin, pulling out my phone in the process to show him just how obsessed I was. Ryan cringed at every last picture I had of my game but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I wanted him to see the decorating I did on the houses, and he did, after he cringed. But he complimented me on how well the virtual homes appeared.

I spent the rest of my afternoon with him. After showing him the pictures on my phone, I slipped it back in my bag and chowed down on my food. My mother wouldn't be content with it, but my stomach was telling me otherwise.

Ryan didn't ask again why I was distracted before and I am glad that he didn't because if he did, I might've broken down right in front of him.

I don't think he would have minded, though. His energy was so comforting and he never let my hand go. I enjoyed it.

I sip the last drips of my water and a sudden rush runs down my body. "Ryan, excuse me, but do you happen to know where the lady's room is?" I ask, pushing out my chair to stand up fully.

He smirks at me, shaking his head lightly. "It seems every time you're around me you have to pee. Please don't dip out this time." He winks, allowing me to be at ease but as his hand slips away from mine, I miss the warmth it provided. He directs me to the restroom shortly after.