[ 16 ] the good guy

STORY WRITTEN IN 2016 under revision

Skylar

I slip on the over sized shirt that Tristen offered me. My dress was dirty and smelled awful so he gave me one of his shirts and a pair of boxers which were entirely too big for me. I held onto the waist of the shorts as another chorus of beatings sounded at his front door.

After showering-with much difficulty from Tristen-I persuaded him to give Maddie the code for his gate complex and his apartment number. I did not want my friends to freak out. But now, it seems as if they were completely about to lose their minds as their fists banged on the front door.

Tristen had left the room a few minutes ago to answer the door but it seems as if he was taunting my friends. A tiny smile grew on my face. He's so devious.

"Tristen!" I call from the bedroom, jogging around a little to find my shoes. "Answer the door!"

A deep chuckles is erupted through the hall. "Alright! Alright! I think I've tortured them enough!" His voice is playful but I know that Maddie and Lily weren't in the mood for his shenanigans.

In less than a second, I hear Maddie barking at him and I move quicker, not attempting to put on my shoes. I'll just hold them.

"You ridiculous, stupid, illiterate fucker!" I hear her menacing voice as I step in the hall and immediately collide with Lily.

Her eyes are frantic and she smiles warmly as she cuffs my wrist. "You're alright?" I nod, not understanding why they both were going insane.

Maddie is snarling still at Tristen and as Lily and I make it out of the hallway to them, I see that she has her finger pointed at his chest, completely unaffected by the fact that he is shirtless with only shorts on his body.

"You better not have touched her or I will-"

"And what if I did?" He pokes, raising a dark eyebrow at her.

She looks as if she wants to tear his head off. I step in between them, smiling warmly at her. "It's okay, Maddie. I'm fine." I try to reassure her.

She gazes down at me, her blond hair pulled into a tight ponytail. I touch at the ends of my wet hair. I probably look a mess right now. She's probably thinking the exact same thing as she looks down at me but in a quick flash, her eyes go back to mine and she shakes her head, disregarding my appearance.

"Let's go. We need to talk." She says and Lily is already at the door, opening it wide so we could depart.

They both turn and I take a step to follow but strong hands grab at my waist and pull me towards a defined hard chest. I smile as I feel his head lower and his lips brush against my neck. "Your friend is a little mean." He whispers to me.

I shake my head. "She's just trying to protect me." I reply.

"Why?" I can feel him smiling against my neck as he kisses a now sensitive spot that I received from our shower. "I'm harmless." His tongue snakes out and dances across my earlobe and the sound of someone clearing their throat makes us both go rigid.

"Skylar, c'mon." I hear Lily's voice at the doorway and I nod towards her.

"I'm coming!" I say, hating how I have to leave him. I wish I could stay wrapped up in his arms for all eternity. I turn to him, giving him my attention before I leave.

His brown eyes sparkle and he dips his head to mine, planting a light kiss on me. My body stirs and my stomach tightens. I don't want to leave. "I'll call you tonight." He gives me another kiss. "Please answer."