[ 31 ] got the call

Tris

I've been through some crazy shit in my life. Some shit I can't even bear to talk about but flying off the motorcycle was the most craziest thing that has ever happened to me. This was my first accident and well, shit, I must stay, I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter with a little sprinkle of pain. Nah, why should I lie? The pain was so intense that I'd rather suffer twelve hundred years in high school rather than getting on that motorcycle again. Ah, fuck. You just caught me in another lie because after this shit heals, I'm getting right back on that bad boy and driving to get my girl.

Speaking of her, damn, I know she's mad at me right now. Probably thinks I stood her up on some funny dumb shit. But that wasn't even the case. I got ready maybe an hour earlier than the time I should've been at her dorm door. Here's the thing about her. She's got me. I know I'm a screw up. Okay, call me a dick all you want. But she's got me in a trance. She's got my attention. She's got me infatuated with every little thing that she does, every little thing that she is. I adore her, and I think I might be obsessed with her. From the scent of her silky smooth skin, to the soft curves that grace her body. It's something that's new and I admire it.

I'm just so hell bent on being the asshole that I am that I can't show her how much she truly means to me.

The accident happened because I wasn't paying attention. I'd drove to Kent's place minutes after getting dressed because, like I said before, I was dressed an hour earlier. I didn't want to show up to her dorm early and she probably hadn't even got into the shower yet. So I rode to Kent's place and hung out with him for a while. I was surprised to see that Madison wasn't there, taking up space on his sofa or in his lap as she did every time I visited him. We chilled for a bit and even played some video games. Of course, you already know Kent got his ass handed to him.

After schooling the fool about who the champ really was, It was about the time to pick up Skylar. I got on my motorcycle and began to her dorm building. While in traffic, my phone began ringing, and me being the fool I am, I checked it, hoping it was Skylar calling asking where I was because in my mind, I'd hope she got ready early too, excited for our first date. But to my dismay, it wasn't Skylar calling. It was Tracy. And just as I tried to tuck the phone in my back pocket, I rode the motor unaware that there was a car coming my way and to prevent from hitting the car, I turned my motor but that just made the motor go out of control and somehow someway, seconds later, my body was laying in the middle of the street and my fucking hand was in intense pain.

I honestly don't remember being in an ambulance truck or being dragged to a hospital, all I remember was that I kept telling them to call Skylar, call Skylar. I needed her to know that I actually cared about this date and that I didn't stand her up.

I don't believe these doctors called her though, because even through my fazzy state and my eyes were blurry every time I opened them, I would sense if she was here. I would be able to identify her sweet smell if she was here. But I couldn't because she was nowhere to be found.

I'd opened my eyes twice and in those two times, the girl I wanted to see sitting by my bedside was not here.

"Tristen," I heard the sound of the most annoying nurses I'd ever had in my life. She was young but her voice had this weird old squeak to it. I didn't like it, it irritated the fucking life out of me. "Come on now, I can see your lip is twitching," She let out a hearty laugh and it made me cringe.

"Where is she?" My voice was raspy and of no emotion. I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I just didn't care for this nurse. I just wanted to know where Skylar was and why hadn't she come yet. I'd specifically been telling them that I want her here, to please call her, let her know that I actually give a flying fuck and that I wasn't standing her up.