[ 32 ] goodbye

Skylar

I'm learning that not everything is bad in life. Some things are just too good to be true. Some things will make you question their capabilities and their motives. And other things will just confuse you. But that's the perfect thing about life. It's filled with many surprises, some good, others bad. I'm not really a surprise type of girl, though. I mean, a great big surprise party sounds cool, a surprised brand new car sounds amazing, but what doesn't sound good is hearing that the guy you want is already taken with a family to care for. What hurt the most is the same lies that I've been fed over and over again but family, friends, and now him.

But it's truly my fault. Because, I can't find it in myself to let him go. I can't push myself to the point of no return. I can't honestly say that I've forgotten about him because I'd be a lie. I have feelings, and those feelings are strong. Sometimes I think it's frightening to care about someone as much as I do him. I think it makes me look weak and stupid to others that don't know the full extent of our relationship. Some will say he's only using me for sex or he's just trying me out because I'm a fresh body.

But I can't believe it. I can't allow what I think to blind the truth, his truth more importantly. After speaking to Maddie, she informed me that even as her life was in shambles, there was no way that she would give up a relationship with someone based on what she thinks is happening or what she thought. She informed me that until I open my mouth and start confronting him, our relationship will never get better. Because I have trust issues, because I'm so bent on him being with Tracy and I believe any and everything she tells me. But to me, I considered that I had reason to believe what she says. I just think to myself and question, why would a girl lie about some of the stuff she did with her boyfriend? Why would she lie about having a son with him? What would possess her to even think of an imaginary lifestyle beyond me?

It's crazy, right? And the topic seems to be eating at my soul because she gave me an idea and I ran with it without any proof or evidence. I need proof, I need to know the truth. And the only way to get that is by talking to Tristen. I wanted to have a real talk, no touching involved, no caressing, no soft gentle words that could somehow melt my soul. I didn't want him to drag me in again by just his tender touch.

But now I stand before in, at the foot of his hospital bed, watching as his jaw twitched once my statement left my lips. I stared as the veins in his neck seemed to pulse faster than the speed of a train. His body language was all I needed. I could see how uncomfortable he was, and that wasn't a good sign. It just showed me how much truth Tracy told me.

He grunted deeply, and his brown eyes completely disconnected from mine and he plopped his discomforted face in his palms. I gazed upon him as the hand with the cast connected to his and I could see the small bodily flinch that occurred but in less than seconds his body went rigid, as solid as a rock. With his head still flat on his palms, he grunted out, "Who told you this?" That question probably wasn't a serious one. He should already know who gave this information to me. Or maybe the information was so out in the open that he had too much people to choose from.

"Tracy did." I answered, my palms started to get sweaty as well. I don't know why I was nervous but I was. I was afraid of the truth. Whether it be good or bad, it would always have some relevance to Tracy.

I watched as he pulled his head away from his hands and the expression on his face was something I've never seen more. It was somber, it was something of sadness. His eyes were so distant and cold. I wanted to know what he was thinking about. What was running through that head of his?