[ 14 ] tomorrow

STORY WRITTEN IN 2016 under revisionSTORY WRITTEN IN 2016 under revision

Skylar

He takes me off guard, overpowering my lips with his own. The need is evident as he groans against me. My hands fly to his hair, grabbing him, pulling him closer. I need him closer. I don't want him to leave, to disappear, not again.

I hear a moan escape me as his hands pull at the sides of my dress. "Tris—"

He speaks between kisses. "Who is that?"

His lips leave mine and attack my neck, sucking desperately at my skin. Another moan escapes my lips. I'm breathing so hard against him. I feel breathless.

"Ryan..." I murmur. He probably saw him with me. I hope he didn't ambush him. But why would he? We weren't together. I wasn't his to claim. Suddenly I feel that same feeling again. The same feeling I felt a couple of days ago with him at that spot. No, this wasn't happening again. Not in here, not like this. I push at his chest.

"Wait, Tristen." His chest stills under my hands. He pulls away slowly, but locks his hands behind me tightly, keeping me in his grasp.

"Are you two together?" He questions. It's so quick, too quick. I look up at him, his face shocking me. He had a deep cut on his eyebrow, a semi-busted lip and there was a little redness under his eyes.

My hands do their own thing and reach up to touch the bruises. His skin feels warm against my hands. "What happened?" I whisper, touching around his bruise. It looked old but still very fresh. He surely didn't have that the last time I saw him.

He shakes his head. "Nothing happened. I'm fine." He replies, the smell of strong alcohol seeping from his skin. "Now, who is that?" He changes the topic, redirecting his question at me.

I shake my head. "My friend, Ryan." I answer.

"Just a friend?" His eyebrow raising as something flashes in his eyes. It's there but I can't seem to identify it. I nod though, at his question. But my confirmation doesn't seem to get him to get off that subject. "Why the fuck was he all over you like that? And this," His thick fingers try to grab at my dress but the fabric is so tight, he can barely pick at it. "...is beyond inappropriate."

Inappropriate? My nose scrunches up at his choice of words. I didn't find the dress that suitable for myself either but he shouldn't think it was inappropriate! It isn't his place to tell me what I can or could not wear.

As if seeing the expression on my face, he rapidly gets a hold of himself. "Fuck! I'm sorry, that came out wrong." He sighs against me, his brown eyes deep and somber. "I'm just not used to it on you." His low eyes rest on me, slowly flickering down to my pouted lips then back to my eyes again. "Did you kiss him?"

The question stuns me.

He's still on the Ryan subject. Ryan was just a friend. But if Ryan was just a friend, what does that make Tristen?

I shake my head. "No." I murmur. "Why are you asking all of these questions?" It didn't make sense to me. Tristen and I were good at one moment, then he'd run off but come back and the cycle would continue. This was all so confusing to me.

He groans loudly and his hands are removed from my body, leaving me cold and tensed. His hands roughen up his hair as he groans again. In a quick second, his fist darts out and stabs a hole into the wall.

I gasp as I look at the damage he had done. "Tristen!" I voice, my hands grabbing at his wrist as he tries to punch the wall again. "Stop!" The look of frustration is sprawled across his face and he looks as if he's on the verge of a mental breakdown. "What's wrong? What's going on?" I hear myself whisper to him.