[ 22 ] stupid fate

Skylar

I've always wondered why some people seem to change after someone important crosses them. Before, I never understood it. Like seriously, what is the point of you completely changing just because of one thing a person did to you? It couldn't be that drastic, I would tell myself. But now, being put in the situation, it was different. Now I completely get it. You're hurt, you feel used and betrayed. It was gut wrenching, to be frank. Something I really never wanted to experience. But now I have.

However, the circumstances here were different. I wasn't going to change my character for anyone. I was simply going to show the other party what he's missing. Show him how utterly ridiculous he is for making a fool out of me.

A guy shouldn't be able to control your happiness. He shouldn't be able to turn your life upside down because he didn't know what he wanted. He shouldn't be able to have you and have other girls too. That was the ultimate line of disrespect. Something I didn't want to be a part of.

So now, it was time for a change. Like I said before, not in my character, just with the things and people around me. For starters, my room being the main priority. I remember when I had first got here. Half of the room was decorated to my room mates liking. I'd seen her twice I believe. Elise had been her name. Her side of the room was gorgeous. She hung up lights, decorated her walls with posters of her favorite bands, and she always had candles burning.

Then I would look at my side of the room, it was as dull as I was when I had first got on campus. Even now it was still dull. Lily's and Maddie's room was colorful and vibrant.

That's what I needed. I need a change of scenery first. Not to mention the fact that he's been here countless times, his scent still filled the space of my small room.

I was on a mission now. As soon as I got back to the dorm building, I went into my friends' room and saw them talking with smiles on their faces.

Maddie was the first to spot me and her smile seemed to slip. "Hey, are you okay?"

I nodded at her, smiling brightly. I couldn't waste my smiles over a no good heart breaker. "Yup! Why wouldn't I be?" The question was rhetorical but Lily still answered.

She was brushing her hair in the mirror and adding lipgloss to her lips. "Because you were crying over Tristen last night."

I feigned confusion. "Who's that?" I knew exactly who he was. But in this lifestyle, he was completely gone to me. I was probably gone to him as well. Right now, he could be laying besides the main reason of our problems.

Both Maddie and Lily share a look at each other, visibly confused and not knowing what to say. So I speak for them, helping my friends.

"From now on, we don't know a Tristen," I said to them, smiling as I plopped down on Lily's comfy bed. They both mumble agreements and don't push further on it. Which I am glad for. "So, I need a favor from you guys," I said to them.

I take a look around their room. It appeared glorious. Both sides showed their personalities and that is what I wanted my room to represent.

"What is it?" Maddie asked.

"Could you help me decorate my room?" I asked. "You know, nothing too crazy but I just feel like....." I mumbled. "It's so plain and dull and..." I trailed off.

"You want to decorate your room?" Lily asked, laying her brush on her dresser before getting settled on her bed, next to me. "I guess that's a good idea. No offense but your room kinda kills my vibe a lot. It's too plain," she said.

Maddie joins in, "Yeah, I feel you. You need a splash of color to brighten the place up."

I nodded at their input. "Are you guys busy for the rest of the day?"