[ 13 ] one person

Dedicated to NallelyGomez2 for the awesome side cover! STORY WRITTEN IN 2016 under revision

Tris

I hate her so fucking much.

I hate that she had so much control over me. I hate that just by the shortest phone call she could get me in bed with her within a few minutes. I hate that she cries over me. I hate that I worry about her. I hate it all.

But now here I was. Drunk and bruised up, like a fucking idiot. After dropping Skylar home, I didn't know what to do with myself. I wanted to chase after her and take her right in her dorm room. I wanted to fuck her senselessly. But that was wrong. And I knew it. I knew it was wrong when I took her to my spot. When I touched her, the look in her eyes showed me she felt something deeper for me than I did for her.

I couldn't continue. I would ruin her. That's all I do. I touch and ruin shit.

I went insane. I drove to a local bar, got a couple of drinks in my system then went to The Den. I don't even remember much. All I can say was a few punches were thrown and I was being dragged out by one of the guys there.

He didn't know where to take me but by the constant ring on my phone, only one name came up. Tracy.

She opens the door quickly, her eyes going wide as she looks at my appearance. She tosses her phone on a nearby desk and steps up to me, her fragile hands touching up on my face. I wince and pull away from her touch.

The alcohol helped me not feel anything for a while but now the effects of it were wearing off.

"Stop." I warn her.

Her eyes flame and she pouts angrily. "No you stop. How dare you? Tris, you said you'd be here and stay with me."

"Am I not here?" I slur.

She groans, her hands flying into her perfectly blond hair. "No. Not like this! You never fucking listen, do you? You need to stop this!"

"You need to stop worrying about me." I snap.

She folds her arms over her chest. "That sounds mighty familiar, doesn't it?"

I knew what she was talking about. I don't think I would ever forget how those days went. The days I used to worry constantly about her. The days where I wouldn't sleep if she wasn't sleeping. But those days were over.

But why won't you leave her alone?

I stare at her, processing what to say next but nothing came. No words were coming out my mouth. Her light green eyes pierced into mine for a while, hoping that I would fight back but I wouldn't. I couldn't tonight. And she knew that.

She huffs slowly and steps aside, holding her door wider, allowing me to enter. I walk in, my body burning from each step I took. I glance around her room, seeing that her roommate wasn't here, as always.

She pushes me onto her bed. "Lay down. I'll get the First-Aid kit."

I grab her wrist. "Tracy, I don't-" She cuts me off before I get to finish my sentence.

"No, don't do this right now, Tris. Let me take care of you tonight." The pleading look in her eyes strikes me. She cares. I know she does. But I hate that she does. I don't want her to care about me. Not when I act this way.

My eyes drop and my grip loosens on her wrist, allowing her to walk away from me for a split moment to get what she needs.

She's back shortly and I can't help as my eyes flow down to her body. She's wearing spandex shorts with a thin tank top, bra-less I can see. She catches me staring and shakes her head.