SAMPLE [ 04 ] confusion

Chapter four sample. STORY IS UNDER REVISION FOR PAPERBACKSTORY WRITTEN IN 2016 

Skylar

I prance from the scene briefly, shielding myself from being exposed. But even as I cover, the wandering, judgmental eyes of others strip me. I try my hardest not to listen in as they whisper around me but I can't seem to help it.

"Another girl he fucked," someone says.

"She didn't even scream, that's how you know it was a quick fuck," I wince at another comment and continue to drown myself in embarrassment.

My feet move rapidly as I push my way down the stairs to find Maddie and Lily. I'm not even sure if they were still here but I hope they have not left me alone. But I know they won't do something like that. Not to me.

My head is spinning as the music pounds powerfully against the walls, louder than before and dizziness overwhelms my body. I stagger down the last step and search for blond and black heads. There are so many bodies that I can barely focus. And my eyes are blurry which makes things extremely worst.

"There you are," The sound of Maddie's cheery voice is like music to ears. I turn around where I hear her voice and she stands with an enraged Lily next to her side.

"I've been looking for you guys." I tell them, my voice roaring out in slurs. My eyes begin to deceive me as I see two of each of their heads. I can't seem to identify which head is their real head. My eyes squint and I wobble forward, almost colliding with Maddie and Lily. "Whoa," I slur out.

Maddie grips my arm and holds me up a little. "Whoa, Sky, how much did you have to drink tonight?" Her words are singing out through echoes. I can hear it, but it seems so far away and distance.

I shake my head a little more, trying to hold myself steady but I felt so weak and tired. The alcohol was definitely doing something to my body.

"We need to take her home," Lily says, her angry face disappearing in a flash as she sees I'm in desperate need of help.

She assist Maddie with helping me stand properly and even as people's heads are turned our way, they ignore them and help drag me out of the stuffed hot house.

And my eyes begin to slowly drift off a little but I try to keep them open until we at least get to the dorms.

****

The pounding knock on my dorm door alarms my body and I flinch but become still feeling that my form is engulfed under the warm sheets of my cozy bed. My thick eyelids shift but I want to force my body back into the deep sleep that I was just in seconds ago. The battering at the door continues and my eyes stretch open at the sound of my voice being called.

"Skylar, get your ass up! We can have class!" Lily's voice is heard loudly through the thick walls and I literally fumble out the bed as I remember I have an English class that I seriously couldn't miss.

My head is aching. The headache I feel is like poison to my skull. I move with zombie reflexes to the bathroom and try to get ready in a rush. My breath has the after taste of sour alcohol as I brush my teeth while shouting to Lily, "I'll be out in five," I holler.

My stomach hurts, my feet tingles and my head was by far the worse. Why did everything hurt so bad?

I throw a little water on my face and scurry out the bathroom. I need to change. And that is exactly what I do. I throw on a dark blue hoodie, baggy sweats and I find the closest shoes I can find and slide my sore toes into them. I grab my bag, which should have my English notebook in there, and dash for the door. Lily is waiting like she usually had been since we met.