SAMPLE [ 06 ] friends

STORY WRITTEN IN 2016 under revision

Skylar

My eyes are glued to the countless tattoos that are spread gracefully across his arms and the length of his back. The silence between us isn't awkward, it's a comfortable silence. But even as I am comfortable around him, I wonder why he is so quiet. What was he thinking about?

Could it be about Claire or the Tracy girl? Or maybe he was thinking of the last time we were around each other? Whatever it was, I seriously want to know.

We walk hand in hand, under the dark sky, on a path that leads to another section of the beach. But this section is more peaceful and cornered off. My sandals sink into the soft warm dirt while my hand holds tighter to his.

I look around a bit. The moon is glistening off the deep blue waters and the trees are swaying with the wind. The shine of the sky is reflected off of Tristen's tan skin and I almost reach out to touch him, trying to confirm that this is seriously real.

"Take this off," His voice captures my attention. My eyes find his and his brown ones are dancing around with mischievousness. The shadows around his face give him a more darker look. A more attractive dark look.

I can feel his other hand pulling on my skirt so I look down. He's tugging on my maxi skirt and I rest my hands on his, loving the warm feeling of the back of his hand. "What are we doing?"

"Just going for a swim, now take this off," He's closer this time. His hand releases mine and while one is holding my waist still, the other is toying with the hairs that are not tightly put in my ponytail.

"I can't swim, Tristen." I choke out, my voice in a low tone. His smell has invaded my mind.

His thumbs creeps out and rubs the skin behind my ears and I shiver in his arms, unable to control the emotions that are running through my body at the moment. "That's fine, we won't go far." My eyes shut as his hand goes down to my skirt and pulls it down gently.

I can feel him breathing against me, and I am breathing even harder than he is.

It's fine. Relax. We're just going for a swim.

His finger brushes against my butt and I shriek a little, rocking into his chest a bit. The strong vibration of his chest relaxes me as his chuckles take hold of my ears. "Relax, Sky, I won't hurt you." My skirt has fallen down to the sand, leaving my legs bare and exposed.

My eyes open and I watch him while he raises his hands to the edge of my crop top. "Now this,"

I can't help but lean into his touch. His eyes are so captivating and thrilling. He has my body and mind compelled altogether. I am stuck to him like glue and the worst part is, I don't mind it.

My top goes slipping past my head and I can't help but wrap my arms around myself, feeling self conscious. I can hear the soft tones of his chuckles and his large arms go to mine and he pulls at my wrist. "Why do you keep doing that?" His smirk is glowing through the night. "Quit covering yourself,"

"It's just weird...um...being undressed and nak--"

He cuts me off. "You're not naked yet."

My eyes go wide at the statement. Yet.

My wrist is in the hold of his thick fingers and my other arm is still around my body but it feels weird having it just rest there awkwardly with him staring at me like that. So I drop it loosely, under his hard gaze and he softens, his smirk stretching into a bigger smile.