[ 20 ] something he did

AN: if you are a little confused on how Maddie and Lily walk into Sky's room, their door rooms are separate but conjoined. The bathroom connects both of their doors so they pass through the bathroom instead of walking completely outside their doors to the next. And If you all would like, I want to do a Q &

Skylar

I was a little shocked as the words left my lips after Maddie threw her questions at me. Both of my friends looked at me, probably with the same expression I was currently wearing. Shaking my head fiercely, I apologize. "I'm sorry, I am so sorry! I just..." I divert my eyes from both of their questioning pairs. "I didn't mean that, Maddie. It's just that...I'm not a little girl, you know? I can think for myself."

Maddie regains her expression and its saddened now. "I know that, Sky. I'm just trying to protect you. I don't want you to be a girl just up for casual sex. If Lily and I wouldn't do it, I don't think you should either." She says, her eyes going to Lily.

It seems as if she was relaying a message to her and I couldn't detect exactly what it was. But whatever it was Lily got it and finally spoke up.

"Yeah, Maddie and I wouldn't do casual sex. Especially not with the likes of him. Skylar we told you about him and Tr-"

I shook my head. Not again. Not now. He was done with her, right? Those were signals I got from him today. He actually....wants me. But did he only just want me for sex?

"I know." I tell them. "I know about him and her and I'm still a little unclear about it-"

"How unclear can it be?" Maddie roared. "God, Skylar! We're trying to help you! We just want to help you!" She shouts.

I stare at her wide-eyed. She appeared angry, like she was ready to pounce on me and rip my head off. Her tan cheeks were now red and her fist were balled up. Lily walks up to her and soothingly rubs her back. I stand there and watch as she relaxes herself but I don't move closer to her, afraid of what she could possibly do.

"Look, Skylar. You can be with anyone, anyone on this campus. Just please, please, don't choose him." Lily says to me.

I continue to stare at them, unsure of what to say. Maybe I don't want anyone else, I want to say, but afraid that if the very words leave my mouth, Maddie might completely loose it.

After a long pregnant pause in the room, Lily speaks up again. "How about we all go out for dinner or something? We could talk and not yell at each other." She gives Maddie a stern look then switches her eyes to me. "Are you hungry Skylar?" I was beyond starving but hesitation was pushing me not to go with them.

But they were my friends. And hey, maybe they were right. But I wouldn't know for sure if I didn't pursue what my emotions were telling me. And right now, they were telling me that I like a guy named Tristen. A tall, dark, muscular giant who could drive me senseless in less than seconds.

"Skylar, I promise I won't yell at you. I'm sorry, by the way. I just...got a little carried away." For some reason, Maddie's behavior was starting to concern me. I could understand that both of them had their dislikes about Tristen but she seemed to really, and I mean passionately, have this hate towards him.

But one thing I had learned from my father was to always be cordial and never pick at anyone. I had never seen Maddie get upset before but now, witnessing it, I don't ever want her to lash out on me ever again.

Slowly, I nod my head. "Yeah," I reply softly to them. "Chicken tenders sounds about great right now." I smile gently to both of them.

They don't mean any harm, Sky. They're just protecting you. That's what good friend do.