Part 109

Over the next couple of months I wasn't getting to spend as much home with Aubrey as I would have like. It was getting closer the the release date of my album and since I was a perfectionist this took a lot of my time. In a perfect world, Aubrey would have been right there by my side through this whole process. But she had her career to focus on. She was quickly moving up in the fashion world and when she wasn't working, she needed to rest. After all, she was carrying our child. I couldn't have her in a studio with me night after night. At times she became really emotional. She said she felt like she never got to see me anymore and she wasn't the only one. I promised to set at least one night a week aside for just us. No working on music of any kind. Just she and I spending time together. It was Friday morning. As she left out for work she kissed me. "I know you're going to the studio but don't forget, we have a date tonight" she said smiling at me. "Of course not sweetheart, I'll be here by 6 o'clock sharp! Not a minute later!" I said and rubbed her tummy. "Bye little guy. You and mommy have a good day at work" I said leaning closer to her stomach. She smiled at me and said "You're so silly baby, but you're also very adorable. I love you" she said and kissed me again. "I love you too" I said back and then she was gone. I fed Geronimo and then I got in the shower. After my shower I got out, got dressed and gathered all my things then headed to meet Phil at the studio. When I got there Phil was already there. "What's up bro? You beat me here. That's a first" - "Yeah, I wanted to get a head start" he said back. I raised an eyebrow up at him. "You sure man? You don't look too good." I said and he sighed. "Urbana and I, we had a fight. I'm a little on edge. If I'm honest, I'm not really up for studio time today man, I'm sorry." - "Hey, don't worry about it man. I get it. You wanna talk about it?" - "Nah, I mean...I don't know. Maybe." - "Hmm. Drinks then?" - "That doesn't sound bad. Yeah, let's do that. Drinks and I'll pour my heart out" he said laughing. I laughed too. "All right then. Let's get outta here."