Part 35

While singing, I had realized that it wasn't even Chanel I was upset about or singing about. It was Aubrey. She was the one I was imagining as I sang. Memories of her flashed through my mind. She was supposed to be mine and I let her slip out of my hands because I was too dumb to realize I loved her and open my mouth about it. I had to talk to her. I called her but she didn't answer. I texted her. "Hey sweetheart, I'm sorry. I need to see you. It's important" I sent but she never responded. I grabbed my keys and drove to her house. I knocked and knocked and no one answered. So I got back in my car and I drove to the club. I walked inside but I didn't see her anywhere. I asked the girl at the bar if she worked tonight and she said Aubrey didn't work there anymore. So I asked to see Mike. He came out to see me. "Hey Mr. Superstar. Long time no see!" - "Hey man, how's it going?" - "Not too bad. I take it you're here looking for Aubrey." - "Yeah, actually. I went to her apartment and she wasn't there. Then I come here and she's nowhere to be found. I was told she didn't work her anymore" - "Yeah, last night was her last day. And you won't find her at her apartment. She moved last week after she graduated. She got her a nice fancy job now for some big design company. That's all I know" he said. "I missed her graduation!" I said out loud but talking to myself. I felt empty inside. How could I miss something so big for her. How in the world was I going to find her now if she wouldn't return my calls. "Wow. Well thanks man. I'll see you around" I said. "Take care Bruno" he said and I walked out and sat in my car. "What am I gonna do now?" I said talking to myself again. I turned on my car and just went back home and drank and drank. I called Tiara. "T, I need your help. Please! I know you and Aubrey have been keeping in touch. Please T! Tell her to talk to me" - "Why? Bruno are you drunk? I'm not telling her anything. You shouldn't have been such an ass to her" - "I know that T! Please! Help me! I need her. I love her!" I say and she goes silent for a minute. "I'll see what I can do Bruno" she says and hangs up.