Part 85

When I returned with the drinks they were all sitting together just talking and laughing. I was relieved to see that. "Here we are" I say handing them each a drink. Aubrey looks at me and laughs. "You good now daddy?" She asks and winks. I look sat her and then at her dad. Did she just say that? Her dad starts laughing again and I realize they've turned it into a joke. "Ha, ha, very funny babe. Let's all pick on Bruno now cause he can't hear right?!" I say playing along. Once again we're all laughing. I'm still so embarrassed. I can't believe that happened. I'm too thrilled when they announce their flight was now boarding. We say out goodbye's and as soon as they are out of sight Aubrey looks at me and starts laughing hysterically. "Bruno, I can't believe that happened. Baby you should have seen your face!" - "I know baby, I'm so sorry. But your face was just as bad" I said and joined her in her laughing. "Aubrey, baby, I am so sorry!" I say and hug her. "It's okay baby. It was a good laugh and they bought your story anyway. My dad had your back 100%. He really likes you" she says. I felt an instant relief. "Really?" - "Yes babe, really. He knows you're a good man." she says and I smile. "Well, you know how I do baby" I say dusting my shoulders off, joking with her now and she giggles. "Brunz you're such a dork baby." - "I know, but you love me right?" - "Of course I do!" she says and I kiss her. Then I take her hand and we go catch our flight to Hawaii. Though Aubrey had been there a couple times before, this was the first time we would be here together and alone long enough for me to show her around the places where I grew up. The spots I spent most of my time and where I used to perform. I was excited for this. I really wanted to share this with her. I wanted her to know everything about me and I wanted to know everything about her.