104

When the night ended Aubrey drove home with her parents and I followed her. Then I got out and opened the doors so she and her parents could get in my car. We had to drive them back to the airport because her dad had to work early in the morning. On the way there we engaged in normal chatter. When we got to the airport we walked them all the way to the terminal. Aubrey hugged her mom then her dad. It was my turn, I hugged her mom and then her dad. "Thank you Bruno, for doing this. I knew you were up to something when you asked us to come. But I wasn't expecting to get the great news that we got. It means a lot that you went through all this trouble to get us out here for you and my daughter to share this news in person. I couldn't have picked a better man for my daughter myself son" Mr. Sandoval said and I smiled. "Thank you sir. That means a whole lot coming from you. I'm so glad you could make it. It meant a lot to Aubrey and I that you could be here with us" I said and wrapped and arm around Aubrey's waist. She wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek. "You guys are making me all emotional. Stop all this cuteness." She said making us all laugh. "But dad, how did you know Bruno was up to something?" - "Aubrey, I'm a man too. No way I would have ever called your mothers dad and asked him to fly out and have dinner with us unless it was something big" Mr. Sandoval said. We all laughed again. I guess he had a good point there. Although I never even though about it like that. I was never even for a second nervous to asked him to come down. I just wanted them to be there so bad because I knew how much it meant to Aubrey. I would have flown my parents out to New Mexico if I needed to. We talked a little longer then they boarded the plane. Aubrey and I turned and headed back the way we came in, hand in hand with th biggest of smiles on our faces. I imagine that we looked like the two happiest people on the planet, and in his moment, it felt like we were. Just the two of us, with a baby on the way. I couldn't ask for anything more right now, I really couldn't. I felt like I had it all.