Part 39

Later that night I received a text from Aubrey. "Hey Bruno, is it okay if we just meet back at your place?" So I responded. "Sure. I'll be waiting." I responded. Then I quickly took a shower and got dressed because I didn't know what time she was coming. About an hour and a half later I heard a knock on the door. I answered it almost immediately. "Hey Aubrey, you look nice" I said and she smiled at me. "Hey Bruno, you look good too" she said. She seemed really uncertain about being here. "You okay sweetheart?" - "Yeah, I'm good." - "Would it be okay if I hugged you?" I asked unsure of how I should act with her at the moment. "Of course" she said and she reached in to give me a hug. She walked inside and sat on the couch. "Can I get you something to drink?" - "Ummm, no, I'm okay. Thanks!" She said so I went to sit down across from her. "I'm sorry Aubrey. I just don't know what to say right now because I don't know what you're thinking and I don't know what you're gonna say." - "It's fine Bruno. I have a question though. What does this mean for you and Chanel?" - "Chanel? What do you mean? We aren't together anymore Aubs. She broke up with me because I cheated on her." - "She broke up with you? Wait, you cheated on her? What about the baby?" - "Baby? What baby?" - "She didn't tell you she was pregnant?" She asked me and I was confused. "Aubrey, who's pregnant?" - "Chanel. She told me you guys were having a baby." - "What?! NO! We aren't! Aubrey when did she tell you that?" I asked her and she looked shocked. "She lied to me. Of course!" She said. "Aubrey what are you talking about?" - "That night in Hawaii, after we kissed. When you went in the room I went back outside. Not too long after Chanel came outside to talk to me. She told me she was having your baby. She asked me to give you guys space so you can work things out. She was crying and pleading. That's why left Bruno" she said I couldn't believe what I was hearing.