Alright (unedited)

(a/n: 8K reads, okay okay have some composure, btw this is either the second to last chapter or third to last chapter)

*Brendon POV*

"Brendon you have to go back to school at some point" Pete was standing in front of the tv, with a bowl of cereal.

"If Dallon can't graduate then neither am I" It had been two weeks since the night, I had moved in with Pete two days ago.

"Then would you at least eat somehing, I don't know the last time you ate and your ribs are starting to show." He was right, you could see my ribs when I moved. "This isn't what Dallon would want"

"Stop talking about him like he's dead." I sat up from my laying position on the couch."Pete I don't know how much more you want from me, I get up every morning, I shower and change my clothes, then I go to Ryan's and I work with the temporary bassist so we can try to get these songs finished, I'm trying to do more than just mope and showing up to school and seeing everyone take pity on me is something I can't handle, hearing the whispers about Dallon and then them stopping when they realize I can hear, I can't handle that." I realized I was standing now.

"Brendon, you know what I meant."

"Whatever, Hannah will be here to pick me up soon so just save it." I picked up my jacket off the arm chair and walked out the door, making sure to slam it hard.

No one understood how it felt to have someone you love in a state like this. Everyone was talking like he was dead and he was just in a coma and could wake up any day now. He's. Not. Dead. Hannah pulled up in front of Pete's house and gave me a soft smile. Oh God was something wrong.

"Hey hon, Pete texted me and told me you haven't eaten since you got here." It was one of those motherly smiles."Brendon, you barely ate when you were with him at the hospital, you've gotta eat something."

"Hannah, to be honest with you, the only things that seem important anymore are visting Dallon and writing songs, asking me to take showers right now is a lot." I closed the door and we drove to the hospital in silence.

It wasn't the same silence that I loved about driving with Dallon, our silence was comforting, this silence cold and distressing. When Dallon and I drove together we didn't talk, we held hands and listened to the music, we communicated with our heart beats. Hannah and I never talked in the car, mostly because we never knew what to talk about, and when we did talk it was awkward small talk about the weather and events in the news.

Speaking of the news, they were still on a search for 'the crazed women who shot assualted teenagers', they had tried to get me to talk to them and last week I was constantly approached by reprters on my way out of the hospital, luckily I only left the hospital when mother HAnnah made me and she was always there to fend them off.

It was crazy, your boyfriend is shot and almost killed and they make a news story out of it just to make a little more money. It was unbeleivable. Hannah had been very protective over me though, she had become the sister I had never had. It was nice.

She wasn't going to say with me at the hospital today though, she had to go do some event for her job, she never told me what she did, but the event was super important so she was going to pick me up when it was over and take me to Ryan's. This is when it would be great for me to know how to drive. It's not that I didn't want to learn, it was just no one ever taught me how. My parents weren't exactly the teaching type. Hannah had taught Dallon.

"Ok I'll pick you up around 3:30-4ish." She turned down the music and gave me her signiture smile.

"Thanks for driving me Hannah" I returned the smile.

"No problem Bren" With that I got out of the car and she sped away.

I had gottne to know the hospital quite well, it had taken me a while to navigate all the twists and turns, but now I could walk from ICU to the snack bar blindfolded. I greeted the nurses and doctors as I did every morning when I came in. They were all really nice, sometimes we would have conversations about things that had happened when the came in to check in Dallon. I had grown close wth one of the nurses, Sarah, she had ben really sweet and undestanding about everything happening, she had lost her fiance to cancer.

One of Dallon's other nurses, Breezy, had lost her son to a rare blood disease. Everyone here was so helpful and kind, they understood what it was like to have someone there but not fully there, they said that Dallon would make it out of this. When professionals say that everything will be okay it's a little easier to block out all the voices saying nothing is alright.

When I walked into Dallon's room I noticed he looked a lot better, his color was returning a bit more and there weren't quite as many tubes and wires hooked up to him. It made me smile a bit more.

"We're going to move him out of ICU later today or tomorrow depending on how he's doing." I turned to see Sarah leaning against the door frame.

Sarah was quite attractive. She had short blonde hair and these piercing blue eyes. It was a good thing I was gay. She had this mannerism that just aloud you to trust her even when you just met her. I think it had something to do with the loss she's been through and her willingness to help people. There are two reactions to loss, you either clam up and shut everyone else out,or you find this motivation to find people who have felt what you felt and make sure they aren't alone. Sarah just wanted to mkae sure that no one ever felt what she felt.

"That's great." I couldn't hide the little twitch in my cheek muscles, I couldn't hide the smile.

He was going to be okay, I wouldn't have to lose him ever. I think if I ever did lose him I'd be all alone. I don't have parents, every one of my friends would rather hang out with someone besides me. I would be alone against the world. Well maybe I'd still have Spencer and Ryan.

Spencer and I had grown really close over the past week. When somone would bring me clothes or deliver me something if it wasn't Hannah it was Spencer. He was a really sweet guy, he had the same characteristic as Sarah. He had lost his mom to cancer and he wanted to make sure that no one ever felt that way.

From Hannah:

Let's go kiddo

I checked my watch. 3:30. I kissed Dallon on the forehead and waved goodbye to Breezy and Sarah. I walked out of the building smiling. Today was one of the good days.