Trauma (unedited)

(a/n: I'm still crying about that last chapter, emotionally scarring for everyone)

*Brendon POV*

It all happened so fast, one minute I was staring down the barrel of a gun, and the next I was watching Dallon collapse to the concrete in a blur, hitting his head on a parking bumper. There wasn't time anymore, Pete was yelling for someone to call 9-1-1 and Jack and Alex took off running after my mom. I dropped to my knees beside him.

"Dally, Dally please" He looked at me and gave a faint pained smile,"Dally, you're okay. It's not that bad."

I had to stop the bleeding, bleeding is what kills. I ripped my jacket off and pressed it to the small bullet hole just below his heart. If I could stop the bleeding long enough maybe he would stay conscious.

He stroked the side of my face with the back of his hand, I saw the natural glimmer fade from his eyes.

"I love you"

His eyes closed.

"Dally? Dally? Dallon please, not now, you promised." He was still breathing very faintly, I pressed my jacket harder into his chest, there was still time.

Soon I heard sirens and the flashing lights blinded me. I held the pressure on the wound until paramedics were prying me off of him. Pete held me while I cried and Patrick told the cops what had happened. Jack and Alex came back with her license plate number. I just watched as the paramedics put an oxygen mask on Dallon and put him in the back of the ambulance.

"Can I ride with him?" I asked one of the paramedics.

"I'm only supposed to let family in the back, but I'm sure we can make an exception." She smiled, a smile filled with pity, but for once I didn't care that she pitied me, as long as it got me close to Dallon.

I held his hand, it was still warm, but not as warm as it usually was. Dallon you can't leave me now, we still had plans to make, we were supposed to be famous, get married, adopt a kid. Dallon you can't give up on me now, not after I never gave up on you.

This was her fault, that bitch had to show up on prom night. The night that was supposed to be the best night of my life, a night about fun with my boyfriend. I had gotten rid of him, but now she had showed up. Why couldn't I have a normal life, fall in love and live happily ever after? Why'd my parents have to be so fucked up?

We arrived at the hospital quickly and I was informed that I could wait in the lobby until they knew more. They also asked me to call his family to inform them of the situation. I could've only think of one person that would care.

"Hello?"

"Hannah?"

"Who is this?"

"Um, it's Brendon, Dallon's boyfriend."

"Oh hey sweetcheeks, everything okay?" her voice got really concerned as she realized I wouldn't be calling just to have a chat."

"Um, not really, it's Dallon, c-can you just come to the hospital."

"Be there in 5" her tone became somber and she hung up the phone.

Soon everyone began arriving at the hospital, Pete and Patrick had gone to grab me a change of clothes for me. They had grabbed my black skinny jeans, a green day tshirt, and my purple hoodie. I looked down at my clothes, there was blood caked all over my shirt and pants, and it was smeared over my hands. I felt disgusting, but yet I didn't want to change, if I got up to change Hannah might get here, or they might have news about Dallon.

"Brendon." Hannah stood in the middle of the lobby horrified at the dried blood on my shirt.

She ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"It'll be okay, he'll get through this" It sounded like she was comforting herself more then she was comforting me.

We all sat in the lobby for another hour in silence, the only thing that broke the silence was the occasional sob from Hannah or I. Patrick seemed distant, he and Dallon had grown quite close since I introduced them, they were both shy and quiet it only seemed right for them to be friends.

"Dallon Weekes's family" A skinny looking nurse called out from the archway that lead into the main building.

I went to stand up, but Hannah gave me a soft smile and gestured for me to sit back down. Oh right, I wasn't family. Hannah and the nurse talked in hushed voices, their volume concerned me. What if Dallon had died when they took him in for surgery? What if I had five minutes to say goodbye? God I couldn't lose him now, not after everything.

"Okay good news and bad news"

Good news, that's gotta mean he's alive, he can't be dead if there is good news.

"Good news is the bullet missed his heart by an inch and they were able to get most of the shell out" she paused, oh no not the bad news I wasn't ready for it yet.

"Bad news is, when he hit his head on the parking bumper he caused some serious head trauma and he's in a coma."

Why didn't I catch him? I should've caught him when he fell and then he would be okay.

"How long will the coma last?" I asked, not meeting her eyes.

"The nurse said it could last anywhere from two to four weeks." She wasn't telling me, but that was all I needed to know right now.

"Can I go see him?"

"The nurse said we can visit him in ICU tomorrow, but I suggest you get some shut eye, come on I'll drive you home." She offered out her hand.

"If it's alright, I'd rather stay here, just in case." I kept my eyes down, if I made eye contact with anyone right now I would burst into tears.

"Ok, just change out of those clothes, you shouldn't have to wear them anymore." I did as told and everyone dispersed and went their separate ways, making sure we would text them if we got any more news.

I spent the night on one of the couches, not that I actually slept. I kept imagining what would've happened if he bullet had been an inch up, or an inch to the right and hit his spine. I wondered if I had taken the bullet would everyone have been as sad? Would anyone even care? I knew Dallon would, he stepped in front of me because he loved me, and I loved him.