Sunrise

(a/n: hi so I have no time life is crazy and I want to write but no time, what is time, what is life, also there's something wrong with my brain)

Something woke me in the middle of the night. When I rolled over to find the one person who could always comfort me back to sleep he was gone. I bolted upright, my heart racing and my breathing becoming labored. My head began to fill with insane thoughts about where Dallon was and how he could be bleeding out in the bathroom or that maybe he had killed himself or that he left me, or anything else that probably hadn't happened. Then I heard the muffled sobs. The room was dark so I couldn't figure out where they were coming from, but I knew exactly whose they were.

"Dal?" I squinted and tried to see through the darkness, making out a figure balled up in the corner.

He looked up at me with puffy, red eyes and tear-soaked cheeks. He had his knees pulled up to his chest and a pillow between them and his face to muffle the sobs. I had never seen him appear so small; he was the one always protecting me, but now I needed to protect him.

"Dal, it's okay babe you can talk to me." I crawled off the bed and over to sit next to him.

"It hurts so bad Bren." He leaned into me as I pulled him closer.

"What hurts Dally?" He pressed his head into my shoulder and tried to hide his face.

"Hatred, I feel like everyone in this world hates me. Yesterday I thought you hated me, and sometimes I still don't feel like you love me. And then with Spencer and Pete and Patrick yesterday I just felt left out and unwanted." Dallon whimpered and took a shaky breath to force down the sob.

"Baby no one hates you. Spencer literally told me that he that he thinks you're cool and you're a good bass player. Pete only makes that face at you because he's my best friend and that's his job. But behind you're back he always tells me that he's glad I found you. And then Patrick thinks you're fantastic and wants to hang out with you more." I rambled on listing all the things I could think to make him feel better, "I love you more than anything else in the world."

"You're just saying that because I gave you a roof over your head and pay for you to live." Dallon leaned away from me, his brain making him believe that he was alone.

"If that were true I wouldn't have chosen to stay here. I would have gone to Pete's or something. I came here because I trust and love you." I tried to move closer to him again and try to hold him once more, but he moved away from me.

He was shutting down and shutting me out. I needed to prove to him that I did love him and maybe there was a way to get through to him. I pulled him off the floor and checked the time. It was around six meaning the sun would rise in about forty-five minutes, giving us the perfect amount of time to have a breakfast picnic.

"Get dressed. I'm going to show you I love you." I said, quickly throwing on a pair of jeans and Dallon's hoodie that I guess was mine now.

Before he could even ask where we were going, I was down the stairs in the kitchen. I found the picnic basket and began throwing random things in like a box of cereal, some apple slices, and granola bars. He stumbled down the stairs still sniffling. It had been a while since I had eaten anything, and frankly, I wasn't that hungry, but I knew he still needed to eat so he could feel better.

Now that the harsh fluorescents of the kitchen I could make out of rough he really looked. His cheeks looked hollowed out, and he had deep purple bags under his beautiful blue eyes. He didn't have his jacket on yet so I could clearly see the bandages he had bled through last night.

I didn't say anything, just pulled him over to the cabinet where they kept all their first aid supplies. He tried to jerk his arm away when I went to change the gauze that was stuck to the uniform parts in his skin, but I held tight to his wrist and gave him a concerned look. In the end, he rolled his eyes and allowed me to clean and bandage the reminders from the incident. As soon as I wrapped up his forearms and made sure everything was clean, he jerked away and threw on his hoodie.