Dark

(a/n: I don't know if anyone needs a trigger warning for abuse, but I will go ahead and put *** where you will read at your own risks. Please be safe lovelies)

What had Dallon done?I had no problem with it, but it must be tearing him apart. Throughout the day I heard the snickers and comment about how Dallon Weekes was gay and about how he was dating an emo guy. Pete was even mad at me because I hadn't told him I was gay, but I wasn't sure it was until I met Dallon.

I was walking home with Patrick, Dallon was going to pick me up at my house later. The shorter dude only lived a block over from me, so we often walked home together, usually in silence. I had a theory that Patrick couldn't talk much because he had to save his voice to sing like he did.

"Brendon, when did you know that you really liked Dallon? Like that, you wanted to date him?" Patrick spoke softly, almost whispering.

"Well, I couldn't get him out of my head. He made me feel warm and tingly, and sick all at the same time. I didn't want to not be with him, hell it's only been like a week since we started hanging out, but I can't live without him. Whenever he's not around, I miss him, like right now I actually miss him." I mumbled on, waiting for Patrick to stop me, but he didn't just nodded along, not daring to speak.

We trudged on towards our houses in silence; the world seemed to be silent around us as it wondered why Patrick had asked the question. When we got to his house, Patrick just stopped dead and sniffled, hiding his tears under his low hat.

"I'm in love with Pete," Patrick mumbled, looking away from me.

That took me by surprise. I knew the two were ridiculously close but in love. Why had Patrick told me this? What could I do? I had always been annoyed that the two didn't just date, they acted like they were anyway. Maybe Pete didn't know that Patrick felt this way because anyone with eyes could see that the two of them belonged together.

"Why don't you just ask him out? Like on a date, not just to hang out." I suggested.

"I don't think he really likes me like that. I mean I don't think he is really - you know." Patrick stuttered, his eyes glued to his shoelaces.

"I didn't know Dallon was gay, not until he kissed me. But maybe you should just tell Pete because I'm pretty sure he likes you too." I shrugged, I wasn't good at relationship advice.

"But, what if it like totally ruins our friendship." Patrick looked up, and I saw that his cheeks were tear stained.

I pulled him into a hug, rubbing soft circles on his back. Patrick's feelings were eating him up inside, but he was too scared to lose his best friends to let them out. I pulled him into a tight hug, allowing him to cry on my shoulder. It hurt to see one of my good friends like this, I always felt terrible and I never wanted my friends to feel like that.

"Patrick, he will understand if you tell him. I've seen the way he is around you, I know he likes you. Just go for it, and if it doesn't work out, I'll be here with ice cream before you can supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." I laughed as we pulled out of the hug. "I have to go home before, you know, but I really think you two will work out."

We exchanged smiles one last time before I turned away and walked home. So much had changed for me today. I had been outed to the whole school, I had found out that Patrick was gay and liked Pete, and you know the fear that Dallon might break up with me because he is scared that everyone hates him. I tried not to think about the last one as much because it scared me, Dallon and I were still supposed to have a date tonight, I would have to text him when I got home to see if that was still on. With the day he's had, I wouldn't be upset if he canceled on me.

*********

When I walked in the front door of my house, I was greeted by a high heel whizzing by my face, barely missing my face. My mother and father were in the middle of fighting, and once again they were going to take a break to beat me. I just hoped they would make it quick so I could text my boyfriend.

"You can't even hit him, he is going to choose to live with you." My dad yelled, as he threw the empty beer bottle directly at me, it hit me in the chest and knocked me backward a step.

"You're passed out on the couch half the time. You're too drunk to knock him out properly." My mom screamed back as she went into the kitchen and returned with a frying pan.

This was going to be a long night, they were fighting over who I would decide to live with. Though I didn't want to live with either of them, either way, my life would be a living hell. Maybe if Dallon ended up breaking up with me I could go with my mom, a fresh start in a different school might be nice, even if it was only a semester. But if we stayed together, I would definitely take the beatings to be close to see the boy I loved.

My parents continued to yell at each other as they hit me with things and threw things at me. I could feel the concussion that I was going to have and the bruises I would feel in the morning. The last thing I saw was my dad drop a heavy flowerpot over my head, dirt fell in my eyes, and the world went completely blind. I didn't even try to stay conscious, just gave into the dark. At least in the dark, there was no pain or worry. Only blackness.

(a/n: summary: Brendon's parents were fighting over who would be stuck with him by who could beat him harder)