Reconstruction

Dallon and I spent all of Sunday lounging around his house. We were currently cuddled under a blanket watching Doctor Who. We made popcorn, but it wasn't really for eating, it was for throwing at the screen during frustrating moments. These were my favorite moments. My boyfriend was beautiful; he was intently watching the television, one arm wrapped around my shoulder. Whenever I was with him, I knew he would never hurt me on purpose. He was special.

"I think Dr. Smith, our physics teacher, is actually the doctor." Dallon laughed, we were watching the episode where the tenth doctor goes undercover as a teacher to avoid the aliens that were trying to kill him.

"That would make so much sense. He always talks like he knows more than he should." I laughed, leaning into him.

I watched as he winced at the pain in his shoulder, the fact that he had a low pain tolerance was so cute, not that what he had done was cute. He was just a softie, inside an out. It made me sad though; it felt like it was my fault that he was in pain. If I had been there with him, this wouldn't have happened. Why didn't I just go home with him? I knew what would happen if I went back and yet I still did, and he is hurting because of it. I was always in so much pain, and I hated to see the boy I loved in pain as well.

Adjusting myself so that I was now sitting in his lap, I relaxed into him and took in his smell. Dallon smelled like a guy, cologne and old spice. It was an amazing smell that made me happy to be gay because it was the best smell in the world.

"By the way, you should call Pete. He is probably worried about you." Dallon played mindlessly with my hair.

"Shit, I didn't even think about Pete. Wait, how do you know Pete?" I looked up at him.

"I know everyone, plus Pete really puts himself out there." Dallon laughed.

"You can use my phone. I think Pete's number is in there." He replied casually as if it were normal that he had my best friend's phone number

"I'm not even going to ask." I rolled my eyes, pushing myself back into sitting position and off the couch.

"Brendon, what did happen to your phone?" He looked concerned.

"I don't know. When I woke up Saturday morning, I was on the floor, and all my stuff was gone. Never really thought to go looking for it." Dallon's concerned look stayed on his face as I stepped into the kitchen to call Pete.

"Dallon? Everything okay?" Pete answered.

"Actually, it's Brendon. Dallon said I should call you." I had never felt this nervous talking to Pete.

"Thank God you are okay, you had us worried sick." I could hear the relief in Pete's voice. I had never realized that people cared about me to be worried.

"I'm okay-ish. How do you and Dallon even know each other?"

"We don't really. He called me last night because he was worried you weren't answering the phone because you were mad at him. He wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Oh, well I'm okay." This was the most awkward conversation I had ever had with Pete. It felt like I had done something wrong and I was apologizing.

"You could have told me, by the way, I would have been supportive." He sounded betrayed and sad.

"We were keeping on the down low because we didn't know how people would react. . . Bad, apparently." I cast a mournful glance at Dallon, who was throwing popcorn at the TV in frustration.

"Still, I'm your best friend. What if I don't approve of him? What if I don't think he is good enough for you? I have been looking out for you since Freshmen year. I have high standards for you." I could tell Pete was trying to be serious, but I still found it funny that tough, emo Pete cared this much.